jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Charles James profile image83
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

The 3 stage flyer for HP suggests - write hubs, put them up, earn money when people click on your ads.

But now people are not clicking on the ads, is the HP information strictly accurate?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Actually, what with the hpads program, I'd semi-rewrite it as follows:

write hubs, put them up, earn money when people see or click your ads.

1. Moon Daisy profile image84
        Moon Daisyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree that it should be updated; people might be confused by conflicting information about how you earn, given how the HP Ad program works.  I think that your suggestion is a good one. smile

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago

People are clicking on my ads, so from my POV it is still accurate.

3. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 4 years ago

It's funny you just posted this because I was going to say something about it.

While it is true that you can make money on HubPages, you will mainly make money by writing articles about things people are searching for. Sure, you can write about anything, but if it's not being searched on the internet, then you will not get any visitors to make earnings/traffic etc..

However, there are topics that people are interested in writing about and they are also being searched in the search engines.

I do not think it's misleading exactly -- just not entirely specific if your intention is to make money.