jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Not able to earn money for 6 months?

1. lgibbons profile image59
    lgibbonsposted 4 years ago

I published my first post, and in the paragraph right after i did, it says that I might not be approved to Google for up to 6 months.  Does this mean I could possibly write for 6 months and not see 1 dime??  This is a little discouraging to say the least.  I know that Hubpages has no control over Google, but is there no way to monetize in the meantime?

1. 62
      Jesus isnt happyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldnt take any notice of it. My account was active in less than a week.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Something is amiss. It doesn't take 6 months to approve Oklahoma folks.

A couple items.

1. You should have 10 hubs before applying via HP.

2. There have been postings that you can start a blog at blogger.com and get adsense right away. Then just paste the code in at HP.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Also, it usually takes about 6 months to really start to see the momentum pick up on earnings, even if you are approved by AdSense in your first week.  HubPages is not a get-rich-quick scheme.  You have to stick with it for a while to really see results.

1. lgibbons profile image59
        lgibbonsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the advice.   I do not have any crazy expectations.  Any money would be more than I had before.

2. lgibbons profile image59
    lgibbonsposted 4 years ago

ah, that is better. i appreciate it.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

JIH might not take notice of it, but plenty of others will find their adsense account will not be approved after one week or one hub.  You will need to get an adsense account for the best earning potential, although Amazon and Ebay are also available. To get the account you need some combination of a lot of good quality content and/or aged content.

4. sabrani44 profile image59
    sabrani44posted 4 years ago

I think Google might be right with the 6 month wait. I have 10 hubs and I have been waiting 6 weeks and no sign of them approving my account. It is discouraging but all I can say is keep writing and try other ad sites like Amazon, ebay, etc.