jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Summaries are AWESOME!

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 4 years ago

Okay, I've been here off and on for three years and was skeptical about the whole summaries thing. I didn't even realize that they existed as a separate part of the hub (I've always used keywords) and even when I did (about three days ago) it seemed like a lot of useless work that wouldn't lead to anything.

Holy cow was I wrong. I've just started plugging in summaries and already the traffic to the hubs I've attached summaries to is climbing! Lots of red up arrows on my account page! Nice!

Just goes to show that summaries are important! Make sure you plug summaries into all of your hubs! smile

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Funny you bring this up - I'm still plowing through all my hubs and have updated 30 or so today! What I also do is to reduce the number of Ads on the page too - I had many articles with three 'amazon' ads per 'text box' (150 words) - I changed it to one - the other two were similar anyway. Hopefully overall this will help my 'quality' in Google's eyes!

2. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

You are so right.
    My traffic has improved slightly since i started to pay closer attention to writing good summaries.
    I still have a long way to go though, as im working on them a few at a time.

3. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I think you are right.  We are even told that the seach engines look at the summary.  I think they are very important.