jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Is it fraud? Is someone tricking me?

1. profile image60
    techgeekwriterposted 5 years ago

Hi all,
    I have another profile at Hubpages from where I write. I have just 5 Hubs there. Now what I want to ask is that I received a mail from someone who says that some of his client companies are interested in advertising on Hubpages through my Hubs. He says that he will give me unique high quality content and he just needs a backlink to the company site. Moreover he will pay me $10 per article.
    This sounds very fishy but then I think what is wrong in trying it? Obviously I will see the content before posting it whether it is copied or not, it not adult and everything. So do you think there is any way this could be a trap?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been approached by someone similar - check that they are looking at your articles - when I asked them they actually thought I owned Hubpages and were looking at other people's articles.

The best option is to give them Hubpages contact information if they are not interested in your unique content...

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

If the payment is on a bank transfer?  They will need all your personal info to make the transaction.  You could have an empty account instead of a payment.

1. profile image60
      techgeekwriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@RB-Payment is through Paypal
      @SimeyC- They specifically asked me to post on my Hubpages profile account.

I'd follow up with Hubpages just to make sure it doesn't infringe their TOS...putting a link into your profile that isn't specific to your profile (unless all your articles are in the same genre) sounds like it may break the TOS...

1. profile image60

Simey- Though they mentioned "profile" but the context was publishing the article as a Hub and not in profile. They meant my Hubpages account. And as 1 related promotional link is allowed in our Hubs I don't see how will I break any TOS.
          However I am more worried about any other fraud or tricking than just the disabling of my Hub account or unpublishing of my Hub smile

As long as the link is relevant to the article, and the article isn't simply promoting the site of the link then you should be fine!

1. profile image60

Thanks a lot for your guidance

working