MARKING MY HUBS ALWAYS 'SUBSTANDARD'

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Hello, hello, profile image60
    Hello, hello,posted 12 years ago

Since November I have been trying to put up hubs and was always
    marked 'substandard'. I only receive a automated notice with a list of what could be wrong. Then, at the bottom a list of suggested hubs which are perfect.

How to make a Tuna Melt Sandwich
    St Regis Bora Bora
    How to Refinish Floors
    How to Build a Brick BBQ smoker

I am grateful for suggesting to read these hubs but it didn't really help to find what is really wrong with mine.

In November I wrote a hub about Tenko and Wallenberg. Both were rejected as 'substandard'. I managed to rescue Tenko but not Wallenberg. I thought it would be a perfect idea to pay a tribute to a man who was a Swedish diplomat in Hungary and saved thousands of Jewish children from the Nazis. He himself was then captured by the Russians and never heard of.

Another hub was my Christmas wishes to all my friends and it was marked too personal. I re-wrote it twice just to make sure I reached my friends otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Eventually it was accepted.

Then I wrote a hub about Christmas being the feast of peace and good will and questioned if the message reaches people after over 2000 years. The reason I made this because 11 people were murdered over the holiday alone. It made me wonder how much people really listen to the message.

Now I wrote about Sports Industries and again it was rejected as 'substandard'. I pointed out that we only watch and know the stars but there is a tremendous number of people working behind the scene. The sportssonsor amounting to a huge amount of money. The implication of TV and so on. There is a lot of information which people don't know or think about it. So what was wrong with that. Again 'substandard'

I email the team to find out exactly what is the problem all over sudden but never received a reply. I re-worked my hub but again it was rejected 'substandard'.

I have been here two years and have almost 400 hubs with quite a number of good comments. Now I am trying to increase my hubs and also to increase my earning but I have all the time this problem.

Please help me to sort it out. The last hub I hardly had it up and I received this email. Is there some Internet malfunction because I click on PUBLISH closed Google down and went over to Yahoo and had already the email. If it is then please sort it out.

1. Dan profile image70
      Danposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This post was made about two hours ago, right around the time that this Hubber received a reply to his/her email, which was received about 22 hours ago, meaning it took us about 20 hours to reply.  We'd like to make it clear that if you email us for help or clarification, you will receive a response.  Exceptions include completely unreasonable requests, such as repeated emails asking the same question, etc.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your response in this thread is completely inappropriate. Hello, hello has been a Hubber in good standing, with a loyal following, for more than two years.

This thread has nothing to do with how HP responds to something within a time frame. This thread has everything to do with how HP has not found fault with HH's Hubs until now, after two years. So, her hubs have not been "substandard" for two years, but are now?

WHY?

Yours is a total non-communication.

Hello, hello,posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Sally's Trove, for kindness to help me. That is the reason I find it so hard to just take off my hub and go away. I made such wonderful friends here. I don't think HP deserves them anymore.  I hope you are not getting into trouble for my sake.

2. Dan profile image70
          Danposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Apologies for perhaps not making my intentions clear.  I was merely trying to make the incidental point that, though in emails and elsewhere I often see statements such as "HubPages did not get back to me", the reality is that we get back to everyone, excluding the most marginal of circumstances - i.e., when the same question is being asked over and over, spam, etc. 

I didn't want users to get the idea that we choose to simply ignore their questions.  We do not.

As for the substandard Hubs, I stand by the judgment of our moderators, and I remind everyone that while the standing of individual Hubbers can factor into moderation decisions in certain cases, we make every effort to review Hubs on their merits and their merits alone.  It is in our and the community's best interests to do so.

1. bgpappa profile image77
            bgpappaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

While you may send a reply email, in many cases those emails don't answer the question asked and simply state some policy of its in everybody's interest. Non denial denial if you will.  You probably sent some link sending her somewhere that listed some vague policy.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
              psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quite.  At the very least you have to reply and restate what you actually needed to know.  I imagine some people give up rather than do that.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
              Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I was banned for 7 days and sent 2 emails to find out why.  Never heard anything at all.  So, they do not always reply to queries made by members, despite the claim.  mad

1. bgpappa profile image77
                bgpappaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with that as well, I have had several emails unanswered.  And no, to anticipate the response, they were not asking the same questions over and over again, simply seeking clarification.

2. Hello, hello, profile image60

Yes, Dan, what I said was true. I did not lie about this fact.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago

From looking at your Hubs, there are consistent grammatical English language errors throughout.  As this has now become one of those points that Google is emphasizing in the wake of the Panda updates, I'm guessing this is what is causing your account to be on moderation as being substandard.

Thank you for your comment. I know I got  problems sometimes.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ayup.  That last sentence is an example, by the way.

I know that from time to time a few people have offered to help other folks with grammatical issues.  I think some wanted to be paid, but others were willing to offer at least some help out of the goodness of their hearts.

I know I would not mind helping now and then.  Maybe posting in Extreme Hub Makeover and specifically saying "I need help with grammar" would elicit some useful responses?  Can't hurt to try..

Thank you for your comment.. I don't know anything about the advice you made. I certainly would be willing to try.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
            Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Greetings, Hello, hello.  I am relatively new here, but at anytime you would like to message me off of my profile to assist you in proofing your yet to be submitted hubs based on grammar issues, I will take the time to assist.

1. Cardisa profile image87
              Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I too am willing to offer editing assistance by way of correcting grammatical errors.

Hello, Cardisa, and your offer is so kind to spare the time to help. Thank you so much. I so appreciate it.

Hello, Dale, these messages are so mixed up that I just discovered yours here. No insult meant. Thank you so much for your kindness to help.

Put the thread in "Chronological view".  Top right of the page you can see this:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5999471_f520.jpg

Click on "Chronological".

Threaded view is horribly confusing on a thread like this (and most others).

3. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

I had a look at your hub which details the growth of international organisations such as the League of Nations, which I believe is your latest?

On first reading there are a number of grammatical errors which will reduce the readers enjoyment of the hub. I would suggest that you either ask someone else to proof read  hubs for you or check your hub with a spell and grammar checker.
    I think that HP are taking this action as sometimes hubs which have grammar or spelling errors are mass produced spam, created by automatic translation machines, which I presume is not the method you use.

Take care and don't lose heart, things will work out, just keep at it!

Thank you for your comment. I try hard and no I don't spam. These are all my own work.

4. Michele Travis profile image66
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

I have a question also
    I had a hub taken down also,  after I corrected the errors it took a while but they did let it be published again. Am I allowed to put it back up on spot hubbers put their new hub on again?

I am sorry but I have no idea about that. Maybe somebody else would be able to tell you.

1. Michele Travis profile image66
        Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you anyway.  I don't think I can, so I am not going to , just to be safe.

5. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

Right here in your OP might be one of the problems....

"The sportssonsor amounting to a huge amount of money."

What does that mean?

I meant sportssponsorship. I am so upset and that is why it happened. They taken off hubs which had been published for months and even Google was there. By tomorrow morning there will be any or hardly any hubs of mine on the Internet. I have to leave.  I made such wonderful, good friends and now I have to leave them.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or, you know, you could just fix them.  But leaving works too I guess... if that's the way you want to go.

Thank you for your visit and good advice.

2. Nell Rose profile image89
        Nell Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, don't leave, maybe just go back and edit your hubs every time you get a sub standard sign. Just use the spell check over and over to make sure, give it a try, don't worry we all make mistakes.

Hello Nell, I am so upset, It's not the spelling, I use it every time, it's the grammar. I can't take the hub off any more to have someboby to check it over and correct it.  I myself can't do it. I might see here or there some but on a whole, no.

1. RedElf profile image88
            RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hanna - you have written some wonderful hubs and I, too, would hate to see you go. You were one of the first to become a fan when I joined, and you always come and comment on my hubs!

You are always so supportive of others. If you would like some help with editing your hubs for grammar etc., I will be happy to help out, too. Contact me through my email and I can edit some hubs for you.

Your English grammar can be a bit wonky sometimes, and now Google penalizes for that, so the moderators are really hard on poor grammar because it is often one of the signs of spam. I know your work is all your own, but your sometimes poor grammar detracts from your overall work somewhat - especially in the eyes of Google.

John is right - even though you can't transfer the hubs, you can copy and paste the text into an email or a word document and send the hub to be edited. With several of us helping out, we should have quite a few hubs edited back up in a short time.

And add me to the list of those you can email to.  I'd be happy to help,

1. John Holden profile image61
                John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.

At this rate we'll have all your hubs sorted before tomorrow lol

If she can learn to cut and paste.. :-(

Thank you, Pcunix, for offering me you help. My goodness, have I got wonderful friends. I am trying hard to learn to cut and paste. Computer is a bit of a problem but I will try.

1. IzzyM profile image86
                  IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are having to edit previously published hubs, send the url only because they are likely still in the cache which means whoever is editing can copy/paste it to correct instead.

I find copy/pasting easiest to do by simply highlighting the text, right click and choose copy. Then place the cursor where you want it pasted, right click and choose paste.

Other prefer using keyboard shortcuts ctrl+C and ctrl+V.

Oh IzzyM, thank you so much for these helpful tips. I am hopeless with computers and if you don't know where to click the computer doesn't want to know. Now I know and thank you. Thank was really kind.

2. Pcunix profile image89

I can't give you a link because of forum rules, but if you put "Computer basics: cut and paste and beyond" into the search box here at the top of the page, you'll find a hub I wrote that addresses this for those who haven't mastered it yet.  It might help.

If you send one hub to each of us who have offered to help, you should be right as rain in no time.

Thank you, Pcunix, for your kind message. I will find your hub and hopefully I get the message.

Thank you, RedElf, for your encouraging message. I can't belief I had so many supporters. Thank you is too inadaquate for what I feel receiving all this kindness. I know it sounds woolly but I am really overwhelmed. I will go now read your email. Thank you for giving so much time which is always short, I know.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am  retired Language Arts teacher and can tell you I have seen grammatical errors  in almost everything you have written here.  I write my articles on Microsoft Works and use their spelling and grammar checker before ever submitting anything.  This doesn't fix all of it, but it does get most of the errors.  It also forces me to read everything several times.  I then find further mistakes. 

Asking people to help you improve your grammar is a huge request.  Once you are an adult, it is almost impossible to improve your grammar to the point where you will be able to write really well.  It wouldn't hurt you to take an adult ed class to refresh your skills.  Good luck.

Thank you, TIMETRAVELER2, and yes I know I have got problems. In future I will write it on Microsoft Words which I have.

6. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I hope this will work out well in the end for you. It takes a lot of time and effort to make that many hubs. The amount of work invested in them shows commitment which will help you to keep writing and editing.

It is possible that updating them will be useful as Google's November algorithm update was supposed to favor regular updates.

They took ten more hubs off the Internet which had been published for a long time and even Google clicked  on it. So, what is this all about? Thank you for your visit and your  encouraging words.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

With Google's Panda update (first version launched in Feb 2011) quality standards changed and thus so did HubPages' standards.  This situation has been discussed extensively for months in the forums and in the site newsletter and Hub authors have been given a lot of time to review and fix their Hubs. 

Now HubPages is slowly working their way through the entire site, moderating everything that wasn't fixed or improved to fit the new quality standards.  If you haven't been keeping up with the changes on the site, that's unfortunate but the site rules have gotten more strict over this past year and a lot of what was okay two years ago isn't now.

This is true. But it's no excuse for Dan's inappropriate comment.

At the same time, Hh is a valued presence here. Any help she'd like, many are willing to give.

Oh Sally's Trove, your words are so kind and welcome. It really threw me. If HP wants it so correct why don't install a grammar check. The spelling check isn't very good. Other sites have a much better one. Thank ou again for your kindness.

Hello Palache, but I am sorry to say that I can't see it is Google because Google is still coming to all those sites which have now been blocked. Surely Google wouldn't click on it if it wasn't good enough. That is just my opinion not having any comuter knowledge or Internet at all. I thank you for your viist and comment.

7. cherylone profile image88
    cheryloneposted 12 years ago

Hello hello, you might want to write your hubs on your computer file first (I use Microsoft Word) because it easily corrects spelling and grammatical errors in your writing before you ever get it on the hub.  Hope this helps.

Yes, it does and I thought of it but now they took old hubs off the Internet and I can't get them over to Microsoft Words. Hubpages stopped copying it. Thank you for your kindness and good advice.

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Hanna, I'll help you. Send me an email. I know English isn't your first language, and English grammar is tough enough for native English speakers! Please don't give up and leave!

I agree...I've been enjoying the information you share with the world for as long as you've been here. I've been a fan of yours for a very long time.

We all know English is not your first language, but you always get your point across. I join with Holle in offering help.

Thank you so much, Sally, for your kindness. In future I will write my hubs on MW and save all this trouble. I didn't think of that.

Hello, habee, and thank you so much. It is so heart warming to read these words after I was so devasted. The friendship from you all was the reason why I just couldn't walk away.  Why don't they put a grammar check in their programme it would have saved a lot of hurt and it isn't just me. I read a lot of complains from other writers, not only about grammar, who then just went somewhere else. I couldn't do it because of all the nice people I met here.

3. Debby Bruck profile image66
      Debby Bruckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hannah, don't leave. just do one hub per day. It takes me many, many hours to write one simple hubpages. We all receive warning notifications and learn from each message. Your English grammar will slowly improve. This can be your university experience as your refine your blogs. The information contains quality content. Blessings, Debby

Ahh, Debby, such kind words which are so encouraging. I normally don't get so quickly disheartened but this really threw me.  It was the whole mannerism.  Thank you so much for your visit and your lovely message.

4. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Habee , that is so kind of you. Well done .

1. seanorjohn profile image71
        seanorjohnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will help too . I'm not too bad on grammar, spelling, and stuff.

Hello, seanorjohn , I am so grateful for offering me your help. It so wonderful to find so many of my friend offering help. Thank you so much.

9. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Hello, hello; I hope you accept the help people are willing offer here.  You have a lot of informative Hubs about a lot of interesting subjects.  It would be a waste for you to start over, and it would unfortunate if you just gave up writing altogether.

I hope you hang in, and try not to let something like this particular "issue" upset you too much.  Besides, maybe if you accept the help of friends who are more than willing to try to help; you'll iron out some of the grammar stuff that results from English not being your first language.  Considering, and compared to, the problems a lot of people (including me, with fluency only in my own language) would have trying to write in a second language, any issues that show up in your Hubs are really pretty minor.

What if you started by first putting any new Hubs in the Extreme Make-Over forum and asking for grammar help as you write them?  And then, what if you dealt with any unpublished ones a few at a time, and with the help of anyone who has offered it (through e.mail).  If there are other old ones that are eventually unpublished then deal with those as they happen.

If you don't have MS Word (which catches a lot of grammar stuff), there's also Open Office (from Open Office dot org), which you can download free and which is very similar to MS Word.  White Smoke is another one that you can download for free (I'm not sure if it's only a trial, but you might be able to get some grammar-checking done within in the trial period if that's the case).  Grammar checkers won't always get everything, but they can pick up enough stuff that would eliminate a lot of "issues".

Anyway, hope you hang in and try not to be too upset by this.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

Thank you, wavegirl22, for your visit,  I appreciate it

2. Sally's Trove profile image78

I agree with everything Lisa says. Use this as an opportunity to let others who want to help do just that.

Thank you, Sally, for your great support. I'll never forget.

3. Hello, hello, profile image60

Hello, Lisa, and thank you for your kind and encouraging words. All of you really helped me already in putting me back on my perch again. I must admit I was devastated and that is not easily done. I am on a whole quite tough but this really knock me. It was mainly the mannerism. One after another was rejected and only by this standardized notice which says everything and nothing. I will never forget all your friendship at a time like this. A most sincere thank you.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Hannah, You can edit it as time permits, one at a time. I can feel your frustrations. Take this as a challenge and don't give up. You are a valued hubber here!!

Absolutely! smile

Thank you, Sally. I have found a grammar and spelling check called Grammarly. I have now to figure out how to do it all. kindest regards

Hello my friend, yes, I would but they are blocking or pulling it off one by one and I won't get any views or clicks.  By now they blocked 12 hubs and they all had clicks on it. Thank for your visit and your re-assurance.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the future, you would do well to keep copies of your work in a separate place on your computer.  I did this when I was writing for another site and was glad I did so.

Hello, timetraveler2, and thank for your visit and good advice. I certainly will write it on Word first. I learned a lesson there.

11. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I do hope you stay, Hello, hello.  You've always been a very supportive member of the community and we'd hate to lose you.  Take advantage of the offer those with grammatical expertise have offered you and you'll do fine.  Don't get disheartened!  smile

Thank you, Randy, for such encouraging words. It is such good friends made me stay here.  I just couldn't walk away. Therefore, I wrote on the forum to help others too because I am not the only one that it happened too.

Yes, I would have gladly accepted all the help I was offered but with the hubs being blocked nobody can get to it. I even can't transfer them to be checkout. So I have to keep going through and hopefully I get it right this time. It is such a waste of time. I don't belief it is Google because they still visit my hubs, even the once before they were blocked , and click on it.

1. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can still copy and paste the hubs to those offering to help you.

I tried but maybe I didn't do it right. I'll try again. Thank you for sparing you time and commenting.

12. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Hey I'm not writing new hubs at the minute, so if you care to send any that need edited just contact me through my profile and I will happily help smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Hey, maybe you could help me with my awkward writing style, Izzy?  roll

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, in all seriousness here Randy, why are you and me the only ones still in the doldrums?

We got told we had awkward writing style (ie it doesn't read well aloud) but Google can't read.

I was so sorry to see HP user 'Hello, Hello' in such a serious predicament earlier.

Google really can't read. Otherwise they would never permit to have such obviously spun, unreadable shit ahead of my hubs in the search engines.

My question is now, are we being manually held down by HP? Can they do it? Is it possible?

Wow, that is interesting. I tell you something which happened before. I clicked EDIT on my hub about King Louis XIV and I was straight told that it will be newly looked at before re-published. Now this hub is one of my bestsellers so-to-speak. I was furious to have it taken it off for some time. Then informed me that my picture are not right. They weren't fuzzy but were quite good and I had them half sized. Now he was known for its glamour and these showed the eleborate halls and rooms he built. I had to reduce them to small which don't give the impression of the glamour at all. I was furious because people will just pass them over and I lose money.

They installed now a button that when you click on any of your hubs, even just to add some more information, they have to re-examining it before publishing it again. It loses two days, at least, of earning.

Hello, Randy, I read all your hubs and to me I don't think you have an awkward style of writing at all and the same goes for Izzy. I am not just saying this. I was most surprised when I read Izzy's and your notes about this.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Thanks, Hello, hello.  I don't think either of us took it too seriously, especially with some of the stuff which seems to be doing okay by others here.  I do hope you can solve the problems with your hubs as you certainly try very hard to do things correctly.  Too bad some native English speakers are actually much worse at writing than you.  I'd be glad to help you too, but I'm simply not qualified to do so.

I do admire your trying so hard, though  smile

Thank you so much Randy for your wonderful message. If they only would have pointed out by email to correct my grammar and not just blocked them with that standard notice I would not floored me so much. Oh don't say this about the native English speakers you will be marched out and shot lol. Take care and all the best.

Hello, IzzyM, and thank you so much for offering my help. The problem is now that they blocked the hubs they don't agree with. I can't transfer them and nobody can click on them. When eanybody else but me goes to my hubs they just don't exist. Another 'nice' thing that happened.

NOW I AM REALLY COMPLETELY FLABBERGASTED.

On my hub -- All About Financial Market -- it states there, of course, substandard but also watermark and pixelated pictures

I EVEN HAVEN'T GOT ANY PICTURES THERE.  PLEASE HP EXPLAIN

That really puts the cream on the cake.

13. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

I have to say this is Hubpages at its finest.

Hello, hello is a much loved Hubber and the mere fact that so many have come out to help just shows the love and support one can find here on HP.

Good Luck Hello, something tells me you are going to be just fine ♥

Thank you, wavegirl, and I am so surprised. It's lovely community. That's why I din't just go quietly.

14. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 12 years ago

Sorry about that. Try Wizzley instead.

15. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

This stinks.. Hello hello I hope this is just a mistake and they lift the ban.

16. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago
  17. Trsmd profile image58
    Trsmdposted 12 years ago

Finally hello hello counted her last breathe here.. And she was banned...

18. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I got an email from Hanna today. She asked me to thank everyone here who was concerned about her.

19. Debby Bruck profile image66
    Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

Thanks so much Habee. I hope she is doing well and finding a new place to post her blogs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)