jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Looking back at older hubs

1. Cara.R profile image81
    Cara.Rposted 4 years ago

Is it O.K. to go back into old hubs and make sure there are absolutely no errors?  I have my Fiance and my sister help me find typos before and after I publish a hub. It helps a lot. I don't think I would try to rewrite an old hub, just tweak it. Any advice would be appreciated.

1. barryrutherford profile image38
      barryrutherfordposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can go back to old hubs and changed them total with a 'tabla rasa' a fresh  sheet  of paper. only thing you cannot change is the URL

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Going back to each and every hub at between 1 and 2 months of age to re-read and correct errors is my SOP.  I find that by that time I have forgotten enough of the hub to read it with fresh eyes and usually find a typo or two.  Sometimes even a confusing sentence that I understood quite well when written, but no longer makes good sense.

2. Cara.R profile image81
    Cara.Rposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I'll start by combing through to find typos and grammar issues. Maybe for some practice.

3. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 4 years ago

Exactly, also another benefit is that Google likes fresh content as long as that content is still Relevant. So it can't be a bad thing, it's something I really need to start doing more of.

4. Cara.R profile image81
    Cara.Rposted 4 years ago

I agree dipless, Even when I go over my writing, numerous times and even wait a day or two and I'm refreshed, I still find typos.  I'm getting better at it. I told my Fiance and sister if I keep writing like this I'm going to need a proof reader smile A second pair of eyes really helps. I hope one day I can be good enough were I can spot it right away.  I even miss some typos when I read my hubs out loud.

5. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Great advise given already. Just wanted to tell you could not do yourself and your hubs a better favor than tweaking them, proof reading and editing  them.. I mean to do it myself, but seems like I am too slow when it comes to that lol

1. Cara.R profile image81
      Cara.Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know what you mean Sofs. Even the thought of going back to my first hub...oh boy!  I almost rather not read it. I joined Hubpages, a little over a year ago, wrote one hub and didn't come back until almost a year later. Now I'm ready to write.  I suppose the typo will always be a thing to watch out for. And grammar and keeping my tenses in the right order.  With practice I'm hoping that there will be less to have to fix. smile)