jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

The Importance of a Summary?

1. dipless profile image84
    diplessposted 5 years ago

The questions in the title, however I shall elaborate a little. What are peoples findings with regards to writing summaries, do they increase traffic? or do you use them as another area to use for your keywords?

Are there any other advantages to having a summary and how important in you humble or not so humble opinions are they?

Thanks for all and any responses smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

According to Market Samurai, summaries are the biz.

Keywords in url, title, summary and something else which escapes me at the moment (normal for me these days!) and your hub has a better chance of cracking whatever nut you wanted it to crack.

If it's any help, adding keyword rich summaries to hubs that were struggling a year ago, put them straight to page 1.

diplessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for this, we'll see how it goes and i can compare traffic, a rise in some of my lesser performing hubs would be a welcome boost smile

2. Cagsil profile image62
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Yes, the summary is another place to place keywords and tags to help with ranking. It also gives you a unique opportunity to write a simple paragraph that entices the searcher.

Thanks Cagsil, will summarise all of mine over the next few days.

1. Cagsil profile image62
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

I have been plowing through my summaries for days now, I keep thinking I have done them all, then another one pops up! That's what I have been doing for the past two hours! lol! hope it works!

hope it helps smile

working