jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

2 topics - Blogrush and RSS feeds

1. kab-yucatan profile image60
    kab-yucatanposted 9 years ago

I tried signing up for Blogrush to post it on my hub (which I hope is possible) and they ask for my feed URL. Hmmm. So I tried to find out what that is, but couldn't. I see a button for RSS feeds. How do I activate this?? And, is anyone else using Blogrush on their hubs?

2. silverstar8 profile image62
    silverstar8posted 9 years ago

I would be really interested in the answers to your questions to.. as I have just been researching how to do both.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

On your profile page in the right column there is a link that says "Subscribe to kab-yucatan's RSS feed".  It will take you to this URL:

I believe that is what you want to submit to Blogrush.  Every time you create a new hub it will be added to the feed automatically.

4. pauldeeds profile image

Also looking at your Yucatan hub, it looks like it has actually got several hubs worth of content in it.   I would recommend breaking each of the recipes and other sections out into separate hubs.  You're liable to get more search traffic, and make more money as a result.

For instance, these could all be distinct hubs:

- Yucatan Potato Salad
    - Vanilla-Yoghurt Dressing for Fruit Salad (+ vanilla explanation)
    - Arroz con Chaya
    - Ha'Si-Kil Pac
    - Tikin Xik - Grilled Achiote Fish
    - The Markets of Yucatan

Unfortunately there is no easy to transfer capsules from one hub to another, but you can do it manually without too much trouble.

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Paul is right about the url for the rss feed.  I don't think however you can add the blogrush code to hub - there appears that the text capsule won't allow javascript - which is what is required

6. kab-yucatan profile image60

When I click on the RSS link it downloads some image that can't be opened. Sorry, I'm probably missing something here, but it's certainly NOT opening up a page, or anything. Do I need some sort of RSS reader in order to subscribe to an RSS feed?

7. pauldeeds profile image

Usually a modern browser will be able to display an RSS feed directly.  If your browser doesn't, installing an RSS reader may work -- or you could enter the URL into one of the online RSS readers, such as google reader.

8. kab-yucatan profile image60

That worked great in google reader. Thanks! I'm going to post this as a link on my hubs in case others have the same problems I did.

9. ninaredza profile image78
    ninaredzaposted 8 years ago

It's a shame we Hubpages doesn't support BlogRush. I think it will help boost our traffic. Is there anyway we can get them to consider?

1. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

How could we use Blogrush? Hubs aren't blogs.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Blogrush is a complete and utter waste of time. I have not met anyone who felt it was worth using.

Plus, it will not fit with the hubpages setup because hubpages is not a blog.

10. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Yup took blogrush off all my blogs : waste of time! Get some backlinks instead