jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Looking for feedback for my first hub

1. Vincent F profile image59
    Vincent Fposted 4 years ago

Hello everyone. I did not see a section to post requests like this so I hope this is the correct spot.

Per the rules I do not want to post a link to my hub.

I have created my first hub and would like to get some feedback. I'm sure it is "basic, nothing special" but would like more experienced hubbers to take a look and maybe give some pointers? Any feedback would be great.

If this kind of post is not allowed, I'm sorry, please delete it. I only seen that I can not post links to promote my hub. Since I'm asking for pointers to make hubs better, not promoting it and not posting a link to it I assume this is Ok.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The proper place to post this would be the Extreme Hub Makeover forum where you can post links. I flagged it asking them to move it there.

2. Vincent F profile image59
    Vincent Fposted 4 years ago

Ok, thank you Uninvited Writer, wish I could edit and move...

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

This IS the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, so unless HP moved it for you, you already posted it in the right place, only you needed to include the link to the hub smile

It might have been moved thanks to UV's flag asking for it to be moved here of course smile

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Your hub is rather over my head as I am a technophobe. As an illustration, I'm still struggling with whether to pay more for hosting so as to have the chance to install Wordpress for my company site, but am scared I won't understand how to install it! lol

However, I can make one comment: you may get into trouble for the RSS feed you have inserted. It does not have a close relationship with the subject of your hub. As a result, you risk having the hub unpublished by a moderator.

1. Vincent F profile image59
      Vincent Fposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@mistyhorizon2003, yes it has been moved already. I didn't post the link because the rules said no links to your hub. I see I can post it here, you will find it at http://vincentf.hubpages.com/hub/benefi … ps-hosting

@WriteAngled I would be more them happy to install it for you. I will contact you to see what kind of hosting you are using now if any. I would stay away from "free hosting". Also if you are just going to have a small WP site then shared hosting would probably work fine for you. That is what I use.

The RSS feed included at the end of the hub points to my blog. I post seo info and hosting information. I would think it should be fine. I don't know why they would have an issue with it as picking the right hosting is part of seo.

Thanks again smile