jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Seattle, Washington Hubbers Unite!

1. seattleamilehigh1 profile image60
    seattleamilehigh1posted 5 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5997644_f248.jpg
    Just trying to meet and greet with the fellow hubbers of Seattle and the greater Puget Sound area. They say great minds think alike, I can't think of better people to meet than my neighbors in the Pacific NorthWest. Please, introduce yourselves!

1. BizGenGirl profile image86
      BizGenGirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice to cyber-meet ya SeattleMileHigh1. I'm a hubber from north Seattle/Shoreline myself. Did ya enjoy the winter blast we got this week? lol

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I've tried to get a few Hub Meets together in Seattle, but people never want to confirm anything.

Yeah, I tried before to and didn't get any bites. Doesn't mean we can't try again though, right? Though I haven't seen any recent replies from SeattleMileHigh since this post.

Has a facebook group for seattle hubbers been created yet? It might be easier to get people more involved that way. What do you think?

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't do Facebook.

No? That's probably a time saver, lol. I do a lot of social networking, for work and volunteer groups, so I'm on there a lot anyways.

I wish MeetUp was still free to host. That'd be another option. Though now that HP has put up that status update thing, I bet people will be updated about the forum activity sooner.

Do you know if there are a lot of active seattle hubbers? I haven't seen to many aside from you, myself and a few others.

1. relache profile image87
            relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There isn't a way to search for users by location so if they don't come out of the woodwork and announce themselves, it's hard to say.

True. Well hey, why don't you and me meet up sometime? Get the ball rolling. Maybe we could start a new thread about our meet ups, leave something like "meeting minutes" in the forum, so when others find it, they can see that's it's already happening and come join us.

What do you think?

I'm in the north seattle area, there are lots of chill places to sit and chat about hubbing, life and awesome hair colors wink

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I've got two weeks of travel coming up so I can't do anything until March.  But we can set a Meetup for then, HubPages has a listing on the Meetup.com site we can use to promote it.

How's that sound to you?  And what is your March like?

Sounds perfect to me, the only day I know that is reserved is March 10th, cause it's my aunties birthday. Other than that, March is great.

Traveling sounds so fun about now. You headed to warmed climates?

working