jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Duplicate content concern

1. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

I am working on a series of Hubs about places to eat out around my region.

I have written a disclaimer, basically saying that the opinions in the Hub are my own, that management of each establishment has had no input, I am not paid by them, etc.

If I use the same disclaimer (written on Word) and cut and paste it into a text capsule on each Hub in this series, will it trigger the duplicate content filters?

These Hubs are exclusively for HP.

Thanks in advance smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not sure about that, but I do see the copyright with name and such over and over on some hubs.  One line of text.  That does not seem to trigger the duplicate content filters.

2. cherylone profile image90
      cheryloneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Dale, I see a lot of one liners that make it through, but anything longer than that seems to get flagged.  Try contacted hub pages directly and ask them how to handle that.

3. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not positive of the exact amounts, but I think we are allowed 10%. It is listed in the Hubpage Facts somewhere.

4. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Two possible solutions:

Put the disclaimer at the bottom of your profile and link to it from the hubs.
      Alternatively, make the text of the disclaimer into an image, and place it in a photo capsule on each hub.

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great alternative suggestions, WriteAngled! I had not thought of that. smile

2. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 4 years ago

Great idea about the photo image. Many people have quite a long disclaimer, and have never been flagged for duplicate content. I had a problem in the past with quotations on one hub, but after adding more words (about 1000) to the hub in question, it was OK-ed. Check the F.A.Q. and TOS, but I am thinking that the percentage for quotations is a closer to 25%, so your copyright notice shouldn't cause any problem at all.

3. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I will make it into a picture and include it that way.

It never hurts to ask!