jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

broken link

1. hutura profile image81
    huturaposted 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what is a broken link, and how do you fix it?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A link is something that leads the viewer to another page. It could be an in-text hyperlink (shows as blue text that when you hover your mouse over it, your mouse pointer turns into a hand with a finger pointing).

A link could also be a video in the hub.
      If you have a broken link message, navigate to the hub in question, open in edit mode, and look for a link highlighted in yellow.

Then open the capsule it is in, highlight the word(s) and click on the break chain symbol. This should take the link away - quite a common occurrence is if you have linked to another hub which has since been unpublished.

If it is a video, go over to youtube and look for another to replace the broken one.

huturaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

IzzyM:

Thanks so much for your help.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This question has been well answered, however, I would like to share what my "first" broken link warning was.  I just received my first about three days ago.  There were many links in the hub, but what I found the broken links, there were two, to be were links I had to other hubs here on HP.  It appears the member and the hubs were no longer with us and the links went to a 404 page.

Dale Hyde:

Thanks for the additional information.  You can never have too much information on a question.

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Another way to fix the link is go to my account, clink on broken links in the box on the left.. and it will fix itself.. if this does work edit the hub and fix the link manually as Izzy has explained.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh yea I should have said, sometimes the software is glitchy and shows a broken link that isn't broken. So as Sofs says, check that out first. If it still says link broken after checking, then click on the hub url in the broken links section as it will take you directly to edit mode.

IzzyM:

Thanks again.

2. hutura profile image81

Sofs:

Your help was very much appreciated.

working