jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

28 hubs- first warning of substandard

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image90
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

I got this warning for the first time after just putting in a title: Yoga Benefits: Is Yoga Just Poses. Is it because I used yoga twice in the title or grammer? The warning said it may be substandard.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did you add content to the hub or save it with the title only?

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You will always get a 'warning for substandard' if the only text so far is the title. This is because of the word count being so low (in fact non existent in the body of the article itself). Usually as soon as you have written a relevant first paragraph you will find the warning vanishes automatically.

3. breakfastpop profile image85
      breakfastpopposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The same thing happened to me yesterday for the first time and then again today. I think it is either a quirk in the system or something new. In any case. it is meaningless and disappears after you start writing.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Pretty much any hub "may be substandard" until it gets to a decent length.

3. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 4 years ago

It might be the wording of the title..perhaps you could change it to something like:

Beyond Poses: The Spiritual and Health Benefits of Yoga Meditation"

or something of that nature.

You might want to reword it to get Yoga into the first part of the title, though...for keyword search purposes. My brain is only firing on two cylinders tonight!

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Maybe you got the warning because the topic is saturated, in which case you need to think of alternatives that form valid competition.

5. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I picked a hub at random. Too much bolding?

6. Chuck Bluestein profile image90
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

Thanks. The warning came up right after I put in the title. I think it may be having yoga in the title twice. Yoga is a key word and having it in the title is one of the best things for a keyword. But twice is going over board like mentioning yoga in every other sentence.

Now when the article got to 1,400 words I had not even got to the benefits so I have to put that in a different article. So I changed the title but since it had not been published yet, I thought it would change the URL but it did not. So the new title is What is yoga and what does it do.

So from what I have seen here. Should I save the text and delete the article and then create a new article with that text and the new title? Or should I leave the article with a different URL than the title?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally I would leave things as they are. If you have ever used the 'Title Tuner' here on HP you will find you change many titles, but the URL's stay the same. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.