jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Help Me Figure Out Referrals (I'm Soooo Obtuse about these)!

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

Okay, so a friend of mine is interested in joining HubPages.  I told him to please sign up under me.  But, I'm so confused about referrals, etc...  What's the best way to do this?  I've always found this really confusing... 

In the learning center it says the format should look like this:  http://hubpages.com/_1dukongemb7x8/user/new/

The "_1dukongemb7x8" is an example of a referral tracker.  Do I have to put the underline before the tracking ID?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is only one way - send him your referral link.

Sorry, edited while you were posting.  Give me a minute and I'll find where you find your referral link.

wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

'k... told you I'm retarded.  How do I get that?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Wordscribe,

Maybe MissOlive's hub can help explain it. It has help many others to understand it.

http://missolive.hubpages.com/hub/Hub-B … -and-Blogs

Thanks!  Her hub is different from what HP is saying, though.  HP has you putting /user/new at the end, whereas she leaves it out.  Not sure which one it is, then.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Use the user/new version in your case.

You can (and should) put your referral tracker in any HubPages URL.  You could add it to the URL of one of your Hubs, for instance - then if a reader feels inspired to sign up after reading your Hub, you'll get the benefit as referring them.

In this case, you're specifically sending the user a link so they can sign up - so giving them the link to the new user page makes most sense.

Bless your heart, Marisa!  Thanks, I got it!

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

To find your unique referral ID:

Go to My Account.
    Click on Earnings.
    Click on Referral Trackers.

There should be one tracking token there already (which HubPages created).  It's gobbldeygook so I usually like to create one that's easier to remember - that way there's less chance of making a mistake when you create a link.

You'll see a place where you can 'create a new tracking token'. It can be as simple as "wordscribe" if you like.

Then use that token, with an underline in front of it, inserted in the link as per the example.

Darkside explains it really well in this Hub:
    http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/tracking

working