jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

acute hub failure

1. Borsia profile image63
    Borsiaposted 7 years ago

I just create a new hub called "Pre-Drilled holes".
    I went thorugh the set up and copied and pasted text from Word using the insert text pop-up. The text showed up in the text-edit box. I fixed a couple of typos and hit save. it dumped the text of roughly 1000 words and created an empty hub with only the title. Is there a way to re-edit it and replace the text? If not is there a way to delete the hub and do it over?

1. 0
      terrygposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There may be your problem. Word does in the background copy code that is not compatable with text pasting features such as you described. This is typical with an article directory site. It looks good to you but on the other end it is gibberish and full of code as well as text.

When you paste the word document in to a text capsule the hidden code is not compatable and screws things up. You often don't see it happening but it does. Anyone with a wordpress blog can see this in their posts when they cut and paste from word, save and re-visit.

The workaround is to copy from Word and paste it into Notepad or similar. Then copy from Notepad and then paste away. Problem solved. Notepad is not code based such as font, colors etc.

2. bhoge profile image57
    bhogeposted 7 years ago

Edit the hub then try to paste your text big_smile

3. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Yes, you can ddd and delete text capsules, or re name the hub title, Or just delete the hub and start again..There are soo many options for you to choose which suits you or you find the easiest.