jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Do you think my avatar is confusing?

1. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I recently had someone ask me what my avatar is.  I never thought it may look confusing to others, but I guess for some, it isn't easy to see.  It's a hula dancer.  Do you think I should change my avatar?  Does it catch your eye or confuse you?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope big_smile It catches the eye but I just thought it was a painting now that I see it properly I get it big_smile It surely is a hula dancer. That's a garland I thought it was a necklace and the one on the head looked like some ancient crown smile

1. brittanytodd profile image92
        brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank yoU!  The garland is called a haka lei (head lei).  It was made on Photoshop as a digital graphic--not a painting, but that is super cool that it looks like one.  Thank you for commenting.  I didn't realize some people had trouble seeing it.  smile

smile

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What may be confusing at first glance is he golden circle in the background. It almost makes the avatar look Egyptian or even religious.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree completely!

2. lobobrandon profile image82

Haha that's true it looked like a mummy sort of thing to me first the background hills look like pyramids

3. hush4444 profile image75
      hush4444posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I recognized it as a hula dancer with a haku lei on her head, a flower lei around her neck and what looks like a sun in the background.  Maybe it's my frame of reference, but I think it's beautiful.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image83
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Brittany,

I would have been a little confused as I am not familiar with Hawaii'n (spelling?) culture. Just as there are many aspects of Australian culture many folk are also not aware of.

2. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

I thought that it was a religious picture with a halo. Now it makes more sense!

Haha lolcool

2. abbysonmartin profile image59
      abbysonmartinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

nice dog but i am confusing this picture...?

3. abbysonmartin profile image59
    abbysonmartinposted 5 years ago

so that what is the avtar

working