jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (26 posts)

Enone else having trouble with comments notifications?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Before reporting a problem I wanted to know if anyone else is having trouble with the comment notification. I usually receive an e-mail when I get a comment. I never changed my e-mail settings but for the past 24 hours I've received comments & not a single e-mail. I just checked my settings and made it always from auto. Auto used to give me comments always as well.. But still  I got more comments after that as well and no notifications.

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I meant anyone - I have no clue how that spelling appeared

2. Bendo13 profile image86
      Bendo13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here, I haven't been notified of any new comments and I just looked and a few have been sitting there... it still says I'm following the hub, and my settings are set to always alert me when I get a comment.

They just recently made a change, added in some new email settings and that's probably what messed everything up.

Since everyones having this problem I guess the staff know about this issue

3. Ari Lamstein profile image78
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

Thanks for the reply smile Just got an e-mail and exactly as Susan said it's 16 hours late big_smile

2. Laura Matkin profile image78
    Laura Matkinposted 5 years ago

I am not getting my comments like I was either.  The comments from yesterday showed up in my email today and I have had to go look at my hubs to find if people left comments today.  They had and I responded but I still don't have any notifications on them or anything else from the Hub in my email.  I don't know what's going on I am surprised more people aren't having this problem.

ya I have the same problem. But I'm getting notifications of other hubbers hubs (one day late) and none of mine at all

3. tlpoague profile image87
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

I think HP is experiencing some difficulties today. All morning I have been reading about people having problems. Maybe it has something to due with it being Friday the 13th...smile
    My mother was having troubles getting her links to highlight and go to the right places. I'm not sure what the issue is, just that everything seems to be running a day late.

Haha but I have this problem from Wednesday the 11th big_smile

4. sabrebIade profile image83
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

I've had comments show up a week or more AFTER being submitted.
    This has been going on for awhile.

Yup exactly the same prob sad

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

I have my comments sent only by daily digest, but the daily digest is often skipped a day or much later than usually sent out. As such I go straight to my home page where I will see that there are comments waiting to be approved as I moderate them and have done so since I first started receiving spam. But the notifications I get about new forum topics and questions created by people I follow do indeed show up really late - often the day after.

I always moderate my comments and I used to get notifications via email. Only when that stopped arriving in time did I notice there was a comment moderation thing on the my accounts page smile

2. brittanytodd profile image92
      brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm in the same boat as Flora.  I haven't been getting my digest emails for a couple of days now...

6. Steve Lensman profile image82
    Steve Lensmanposted 5 years ago

My hubpages email notifications have been arriving exactly 14 hours late for more than a week now.

If other forums have instant email notifications I don't see why HP can't manage it either, 14 hours is far too late.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mine too. They are extremely late.

7. Just Ask Susan profile image85
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

All my notifications have been a day late. Hope this is fixed soon.

Mine are fine now. The comments being made on my hubs are coming instantly as mails. But all the other stuff is still lagging

8. Steve Lensman profile image82

My email notifications are now on average 18 hours late instead of 14 hours, this is getting ridiculous. Unless my eyes are glued to the feed page all day I won't know if people have replied to various hubs I follow until the next day.

And I've never got any email notifications at all for my last three hubs despite getting comments, the daily Notification newsletter doesn't mention them either.

I've been in email settings and everything looks fine.

It's a bug. But comments on my own hubs are working fine now

9. Just Ask Susan profile image85

I just got an email notification regarding a hub that I'm following and the comment on the hub was made 16 hours ago. I sure hope that this bug or whatever it is gets corrected soon.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, comments on other people's hubs still arrive in a digest 48 hours later. But my own hubs are current

My notifications are now arriving on time big_smile
        Thanks for the rectification cool

10. Steve Lensman profile image82

Just want to mention my email notifications seem to be working fine now, they are arriving within minutes of comment postings.

Cheers!

11. Just Ask Susan profile image85

Everything is now back to normal.  Thank you.

working