jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Security Questions to Check Identity

1. anonimuzz profile image85
    anonimuzzposted 4 years ago

Do you know those nice 3 questions one has to answer upon registration? I'm pretty sure I answered them randomly (because I usually do that everywhere, thinking those questions are just in case one forgets his password or something silly like that) and now I can't remember what I said, so there are pages in my account that I can't access. Can I do something about it? xD

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Contact team@hubpages.com

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You know, as a computer tech, the advice drilled into us makes no sense from a reality perspective.

1. Make a difficult password.... such as with mix of letters, large and small, symbols and numbers. (one is hard to remember).

2. Never use the same password on any site. (right? We have computer minds that tells what all we have put where).

3. Never use the same security answers to security questions.

4. Never write the passwords down anywhere.  Commit them to memory.

Eureka! A nightmare I am telling you!  I have never found an easy solution, and I have a combination of names, passwords and such, and I then hit a site and don't remember, well I work my way through all the know combinations, and maybe hit the right combo.  However, on some sites, you will be blocked after three attempts and you may have to make a call to get the block off.

Now to the question, lol, no, I know of nothing you can do.  I wish I did, as it would help me as well!

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

lol I have done that also. Sites I can't get into tongue like Paypal hmm because I don't remember lol tongue I now keep a 'phonebook' to store all my passwords n answers to questions smile it helps. yes, I write them down and don't store them on my computer either big_smile just cautious wink

3. anonimuzz profile image85
    anonimuzzposted 4 years ago

Aha, thank you all. I did as sofs said and sent an email. My security questions were reseted.

Dale, I totally know what you mean. It's annoying and too demanding on our memory, and I also don't have the patience to note that stuff down (although your method is good for protection, Dame Scribe). That's why I just totally ignore all those advices and then have to open threads like this one... XD