jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What does the { } mean when using the Google keyowd tool ?

1. lukeuk profile image54
    lukeukposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that they often appear in suggestions, does that mean that people are searching with like [ example] ? Therefore does that mean I should add  [    ] in my titles to optimize SEO ?

P.S Apologies for the spelling of whats meant to be Keyword, thankfully all of my hubs don't have any spelling errors !

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

If you would look, on the left there is match types    If you check exact, then the keywords will have the brackets and the same keyword again without the brackets.

lukeukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see, so the brackets are just an indication that its an exact keyword match. Thanks for the info ! I hope my traffic picks up soon, its took a real down fall

3. ukbusiness profile image61
    ukbusinessposted 5 years ago

When researching a keyword to target it is best to base figures on an exact match []
    Because of Google algorithm updates you are going to struggle publishing a hub and getting it on the first page of search results. Its essential you build backlinks to your hubs nowadays

lukeukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i see thanks for your answer. What have you found to be the best back link builder ?

1. ukbusiness profile image61
        ukbusinessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have your own website then this can be a great tool, as you can show off your latest work and it counts for a backlink.
        Also if you have a blog or a social account then some of those can be used to backlink.
        If you write for more than one website, why not send a few links to your articles from an external source.
        If you write a particular article then why not find other websites on a similar subject and try and pursuade them to link to you (based on the usefulness of the article)

There is loads of ways of creating backlinks to your work, you just need to get creative with your thinking

working