jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

strange case of content theft?

1. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 4 years ago

A google search of my hubs has turned up a website at freearticles dot com, on which, supposedly, a hub I wrote two days ago is posted. However, the links (two) led to an archive page, and my article isn't listed on it. I assume it's further into the archive, but there are no navigation buttons, and no search field. Everything on that archive page looks stolen, however.

I'm hoping my article isn't actually posted, but it might be, and Google might find the actual article on that site in a few days. Meanwhile, a search for that specific string drives people to that site (not that they'll actually go, because no one really cares about the article, and probably won't do a search for that actual string).

I guess I'm just asking for perspective and advice, in case this happens to a more important article one day.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I keep reading more and more about this kind of thing. It must be extremely difficult to regulate. (I guess that's stating the obvious.)

2. maxravi profile image2
    maxraviposted 4 years ago

You can actually this incident to google,DMCA and also to website owner to remove that content.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think it'd be great if a software of some sort be developed to protect against content theft sad as mentioned earlier, file a DMCA with Google, get the link from tht site, your link, dates, etc. HP helped me with my first one few yrs back smile they have information on the site too. Keep us informed with updates. big_smile

4. 0
    Aunt Mollieposted 4 years ago

There is a lot of information about this in this forum thread:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/88738?p … ost1939069