jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

At what age do you start to work and what job do you do?

1. maxravi profile image2
    maxraviposted 4 years ago

At what age do you start to work and what job do you do?
    Well lets start with me I started job at age of 20, I joined a call center.
    what about u?

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I became a freelance writer at 18

2. anonimuzz profile image84
    anonimuzzposted 4 years ago

I'm still unemployed and will continue being so until I finish my college degree five years from now. I'm not considering Hubpages because I don't get money off of it yet (nor do I actively try to). I'm also not considering my freelance work as a translator because it's really light weight in my routine. It barely feels like working and it doesn't legally count like it where I live. If you wanna know, though, I started translating stuff online in August 2010, when I was 16 years old (lying about my age, then -.-' )

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Then even I rarely do it smile Not counted as well.

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

Ten, I babysat for neighborhood children and earned $1.00 per hr.   I also walked people's dogs for 50 cents, and helped my mother clean apartments.

4. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago

I was fourteen, and I was a paperboy. Bicycle, bag, throwing the rolled up papers, the crash of the storm door as the hurled object hits the sheet metal!

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

Thirteen, assistant boiler repair, cleaning etc.  good money for a teenager - $100 a day for cleaning which was a lot of money in 1961.

6. Moon Willow Lake profile image79
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 4 years ago

I had 1/2 days my senior year in High School and graduated early in January. By March of that same year, I had my first job at 18. It was working at a chain grocery store. I worked in the video department, which also handled express lane cashier duties (right across from the liquor department), lottery ticket sales, and we developed photos.

7. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Like Druid, I started at 14 with a bicycle, bags and a paper route.

Graduated to farm labor as soon as I could drive out of town, followed by a plethora of odd jobs during the college years.  Gas station attendant, tire store, computer programmer, fighting forest fires, surveying, janitor, short order cook, construction labor - all kinds of odd things.

First "real" job at 22, after college, that lasted 22 years.

1. maxravi profile image2
      maxraviposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thats really interesting Wilderness.

8. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago

age 12, babysitting for neighbors kids.  First payroll job: age 16-worked as a library page (always found that a hilarious job title; like there WOILDN'T be any pages in a library, lol  )

9. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

10, Delivering newspapers at 6am and at the weekend helping with a milkround from 5am....... those were the days..... fast bikes, all the pop I could drink and the girls... wow the girls.........