jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

question about using Google Adsense?

1. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I'm currently applying for Adsense. I had found a walk through article in the Learning Center a while back, but I can't find it now. Adsense is asking what type of account that I want - Would i be an "Individual" or a "Business" account?

Also, I'm signing up for it via Hubpages. Would I be able to use the Account for another website that is not related to Hubpages? eg, if I made a blog of my own?

Thank you.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Individual

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

You will get a GA code snippet thingy that, yes, you can use on other writing sites. smile just paste the pub id XXX-XXXXX-XXX thingy in HP not the whole code hmm I had such a mess when I first tried lol

3. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

Also, when it says that Hubpages is requesting access to my account, do I click "Yes"?

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you do click "yes"

4. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

Also, I'm currently reading the Terms and Conditions. What exactly does this mean? I'm a bit confused.
    "You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your users’ browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website."

Thank you!

Cardiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What does this mean?
      "In addition, Google reserves the right to terminate without notice any account that has not generated a sufficient number of valid clicks on Ads or Referral Buttons or valid impressions of Ads (in each case as measured by Google) for a period of two (2) months or more."

Does that mean that Google can cancel my account if I'm not getting enough ad clicks?

Ayup.

2. Pcunix profile image89

HP has the policy, you don't need to worry about it unless you have another website.

Cardiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much! Some of the sentences in the TOS were a bit confusing. I just applied, and they said that they'll notify me within a week.

I just went to sign into my Adsense account,and they're asking me for a password. When I was signing up, they didn't ask me to create a password. Does that mean that if I get approved they'll let me create an account with a password?

If you have a gmail or g+ account it should be that login and password once approved.

working