jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

1. lorenmurcia profile image87
    lorenmurciaposted 4 years ago

I just logged in to my adsense account and read a message about my ads appearing in translate.googleusercontent.com, a site which I haven't authorized. I googled it and majority of the forums I read said that it is okay to authorize this particular site. May I ask for a second opinion from the veteran hubbers here? Still groping my way through the world wide web.Thanks!

1. RedSturtz profile image79
      RedSturtzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it just means that someone who doesn't speak English is viewing your content. For instance someone from India may have used the Google translator to view your page in translated Indian.

2. paxwill profile image80
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What Red Sturtz said is completely right.  You can also approve the Google domains for other countries, like www.google.com.mx (Mexico) for example.  I often get these notifications in my own Adsense account.  They rarely, if ever, will be a source of clicks, but it does no harm to approve them since they are Google's properties.

3. Greekgeek profile image97
      Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I get a kick out of those. On some article publishing sites, you get the full URL that brought traffic to your page, not just the domain name, so I've been able to click on that link and see my articles translated into other languages.

It doesn't do a great job, as you'll find if you ever use Google Translate to read a non-English article, but it lets a wider audience read our stuff. I'm glad the ad impressions still count!