jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)

Friday the 13th will something bad happen?

1. Michele Travis profile image62
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

Is it true something bad will happen?
    I don't believe it.
    What do you think?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes!! I made some silly mistake in my exam today!! It was dam silly but the person who corrects it will surely call me a genius after what I did smile

Michele Travisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But learning is good, and we all make mistakes and learn from them.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm I learnt a lot I never knew I could solve problems of that sort! I actually did it right. But too bad the diagram they gave was a freehand where a semicircle looked like a parabola. The semicircle would be easy but the parabola was a challenge as it was connected oddly to different things

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

It already is.  I got out of bed just fine, but now have to go to work. smile

Well,  yes,  I understand that one.

3. mljdgulley354 profile image60
    mljdgulley354posted 5 years ago

For me the day has just begun and so far so good.

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

NOTHING Bad Happened Yesterday roll

It is the 14th Here! tongue

So for you ,  the problem is out of the way.  lol!

1. Pearldiver profile image88
        Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No... I just put it behind me!  It's someone else's now is it not? big_smile

Only if they believe it.

1. Pearldiver profile image88
            Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well there you go.... Exactrully! smile

Dragon Power Lesson #463 - Feed the Insecurity big_smile

5. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Of course something bad will happen today.

Something bad happens *every* day, somewhere, to some unlucky soul.

As for triskaidekaphobia, don't believe it.

6. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Is this the day that Mike Myers from 'Waynes World' dons a Michael Myers hockey mask and runs amok with a machete? yikes a lil comedy before dark? tongue lol

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe Michael Myers wore a William Shatner mask.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...not for me....my morning was really awesome and then the rest of my day moved forward from that awesome start.....

8. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

14th here already as well - and I'm glad! I am not superstitious but maybe I should be... I have broken an arm twice in my life - both times on Friday 13th and in entirely different years and circumstances. I was diagnosed with Glandular Fever on a Friday 13th at age 14 which scuppered my career plans in the British Royal Marine Commandos (automatic disqualification from Special Forces). I have had three major knee injuries in my life, one of which was on a Friday 13th. I also had a freak situation as a teenager where I was mowing the lawn and a stray pebble was thrown up to smash the entire new front door system (newly installed the day before) on Friday 13th.

I for one am glad that Friday 13th doesn't come around too often... smile

9. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I heard a talk show host this morning comment that there are actually 3 friday the thirteenth's this year - quite unusual.  Not only that, but they are all exactly 3 months apart.

10. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 5 years ago

Well, my day has sucked.  I blew out my knee today, a knee that has already had 5 surgeries.  Can't walk at all.  Oh and did I mention I already have a rotator cuff injury (having PT for that) so I can't use crutches.  Off to see the Orthopedic Surgeon on Tuesday.  Guess I'll have a lot of time to write, anyway.  sad

I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until Debbie Bruck mentioned it.

YAY ME!

11. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 5 years ago

Oh yes. There's a slumber party with a bunch of 10 year olds upstairs from me. Could it get any worse than that?

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Say no more!!! I had that a couple of weekends ago...  My almost 10 year old is off at a slumber party at a friend's, so maybe I should hook you up with those parents for some empathy.

12. Michele Travis profile image62
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

Well I had some kidney tests done yesterday, which may have come from all the medicine I take for epilepsy.  The results will tell me how I feel about Friday the  13th  I even wrote a hub about it.  Please don't read it.  I am not trying to advertise

13. profile image0
    TrinityCatposted 5 years ago

I believe any day can be bad (e.g unexpected natural disasters, diseases, etc) and we might not know it. It's not just Friday the 13th. :p o.o

Now THAT is the truth.

14. Dear Josie profile image60
    Dear Josieposted 5 years ago

Friday 13th is my good-luck day! Growing up, I thought that it was mental, so I changed the bad luck day to the good luck day. It changes everything!
    It's like, if a black cat crosses my path, I drive straight on through.
    The only bad luck thing for me is...spilling the salt. I HAVE to through some salt over my shoulder when I spill it. True believer!

1. Rehana Stormme profile image84
      Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I could say "me too!". My Friday 13th was all that I could've hoped for. I got a day off from work, spent the whole day chilling around reading a novel by Francine Rivers and doing other things I love. In any case, I'm glad I made it through without anything bad happening wink lol

working