jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Seasonal Hubs

1. Rehana Stormme profile image93
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone! I have a question...If you have an unpublished hub about, let's say Christmas, is it better to keep the hub and publish it towards Christmas or can you publish it whenever? Does the timing of when you publish a hub matter? Something to do with fresh content?

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depending on the content it is possible to tweak a "Christmas" hub to make it more evergreen - I wrote a hub about last minute Christmas gifts, since Christmas I have removed "Christmas" from the title and made it more about just "last minute gifts".. When it gets around to Christmas again I will tweak again to regain the Christmas focus and freshen it up!

Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for answering, Leanman! What you're doing with your xmas hub is smart smile I'm going to give some more thought about publishing my hub at this time. May be I'll see what more people have to say. Thanks again for your input! big_smile

2. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

Do not unpublish.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/89779

There was a HubPages blog post or weekly newsletter on this issue a few weeks ago.  HP recommended that 6-12 months before an event or holiday is a good time to write hubs on those topics.

Thanks for that, rmcrayne. I guess I won't unpublish some of the hubs I've been thinking of deleting. In this case, my question was regarding whether I should publish a hub that I've already prepared, now - or whether I should wait and publish it towards the season I'm targeting... Thanks for your response! That link was helpful.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Yes, Google likes fresh content. But the fresh content boost only lasts a week or two.

Older content, on the other hand, is something that gets better with time.

Most hubbers try and write seasonal hubs at least 6 months ahead of when the hub will be in vogue. Traditionally the best time to start writing your Christmas hubs is in June.

The average hub takes 6-9 months to start seeing traffic. smile

Hi Wrylilt, thank you for your reply! At least I've got the fresh content/older content thing cleared. 6-9 months is quite a long time is quite a long time to wait. I guess this is one of the reasons why many people quit Hubpages after writing only a few hubs...I hope to give a chance and stick around some more big_smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, many people think that they can just throw up a few basic pages or blog style posts and see instant money.

They forget that there is already twenty years of content on the internet to compete with!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"many people think that they can just throw up a few basic pages or blog style posts and see instant money"

You mean?  Oh no.  I'm screwed.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

4. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I  wrote a Hub on how to make Christmas Angels, and it is still getting decent views!  I am surprised.  Some people think WAY ahead, I guess.  This question was asked before, and the opinion of others was not to unpublish seasonal Hubs, so I didn't.

Lol! Why not? Some people really do think way ahead and we simply cannot unpublish the hubs - imagine how disappointed they'd be without having the honor to read our mighty hubs! lol

I realised after I posted this thread that people had already asked this question but nonetheless this thread has helped me too.

working