jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Another Problem with Amazon Linking

1. BradyBones profile image88
    BradyBonesposted 5 years ago

I have been trying to write a hub to detail my self publishing experience so far and to help promote the short story I put on Amazon's KDP Select program, but the HP cap can't find the product. I've tried to add it by the asin, B006QF2AR4, as well as by typing out the name of the story and my author name to do a search based add. Nothing comes up in either case. Still, it's out there on Amazon and available for download.

Now, here's a twist. As a part of the KDP Select program, the story is 99 cents or free if you are a Prime member. Could that designation be causing problems? I've added free items listed on Amazon to hubs before, like the KDP publishing guide, without a problem... so I'm not sure that's it.

I'm not trying to promote in this forum thread, thus no links... I could really use some help here. Anyone have any insight into what might be going on? The story has been up a few weeks now, is there a minimum age before HP will recognize an item in the store?

Thanks in advance to any who take the time to read this.
    -Brady

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The only thing I can say is that I've had the same trouble with products in the past, and it was always with products whose ASIN started with "B00".  I'm assuming there must be something about that ASIN prefix which the capsule doesn't like!

The only other thing I can suggest is to create an image capsule, put the link to your book in the Source URL and put "buy now on Amazon" in the caption.

1. BradyBones profile image88
        BradyBonesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa! That doesn't violate some HP rule, does it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, not at all.

working