jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hub traffic not as abundant as before short suspension...

1. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

Hello, I've been with Hubpages for about two weeks now and I had a large amount of traffic going to my page...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Wholesale-travel

Then I added acouple more links to the Hubpage, not knowing there was a limit to the amount of links to the same website, I was suspended until I removed the links and re-submitted the Hubpage for review that took all of last weekend.

Now that the extra links have been removed, the hubpage was restored and published, but it's only been recieving about 1/4 the traffic I was before the suspension. And I've been using the same techniques for traffic increases, with no success.

Do you have any suggestions about how to restore my traffic to it's orginal state?

2. GreatTattoosNow profile image68
    GreatTattoosNowposted 9 years ago

Hey There JRobin-

You will have to talk to one of the admin in the programmer Paul Deeds to find out what happened for sure.

A little more information would be helpful in order to better respond to your question.  For example how much traffic where you getting before and how much are you getting now?  Where was the traffic coming from google?, hubpages,? Yahoo?.  If you click on the traffic sources link in your administration panel you can find where the bulk of your traffic comes from.

Also it would be helpful to know if your hub score has changed at all.  It is currently at 80 and I have no idea what it was before.

It could have happened for a variety of reasons.  I notice that a large amount at least 1/4 of all the traffic to my hubpages is from hubpages itself.  Typically the higher hub score you have the more your hub gets displayed ont he main page and in the search results.  So if you have a higher hub score you naturally get more traffic from hubpages which is a large provider of traffic at least to my hubs.

Also I find that google is like have a very high maintanence wife.  Very picky and my ratings and placement in the SERP will go up and down a great deal.  One day I might be in the number one or two slot to find a few days later I have fallen out.  To only be back in another few days.  So some traffic up and downs is very natural.  I have 12 or so hub now and traffic can vary from 800 up to 1,500 a day now.  So it could just be normal variation for you also.

To sum up because I probably wrote to much it is most likely your hubscore has dropped and therefore hubpages is sending less traffic or your SERPS in google have changed and you are getting less traffic.

In the end if you keep building links and making other hub pages you will get the traffic you want.  I would worry so much about one hub page and instead created 15 or so and then see how traffic it.  One hub page is not a good measure.

3. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

First, GreatTattoosNow, thank you so very much for your long and detailed response and questions to help you help me.

"For example how much traffic where you getting before and how much are you getting now?  Where was the traffic coming from google?, hubpages,? Yahoo?."

Before, over 100 people a day visited my 'Fire Your Boss' page from Hubpages. Now I receive about 20 a day. Is this because my score went down from 95 to 80, but apparently it just jumped since I received acouple visits from Google, which is a first for me in my ten days here on Hubpages.

"Also I find that google is like have a very high maintanence wife.  Very picky and my ratings and placement in the SERP will go up and down a great deal.  One day I might be in the number one or two slot to find a few days later I have fallen out.  To only be back in another few days.  So some traffic up and downs is very natural.  I have 12 or so hub now and traffic can vary from 800 up to 1,500 a day now.  So it could just be normal variation for you also."

Lol, I seriously laughed out loud at the 'google is like a very high mainanence wife.' That's good stuff.

Thank you for the info, I'll start researching search engines and what makes them tick and how to get higher on the scores... I'm very interested how exactly I turned up on their search engine...

Once again, GreatTattooNow, thank you for your attention and help to a fellow Hubpager trying to get his message out...

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure your Hubscore didn't drop because you got less visitors rather than the other way around?

working