jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Placement of text, photos and ads in hubs

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I can't figure out how to place photos and ads in different places within hubs.  I see the "add" thingy, but can't get it to take care of this problem.  Help please.

1. michiganman567 profile image86
      michiganman567posted 5 years ago in reply to this

you do the add thingy, then a line will pop up and you pick photo or add, then you use the arrows to move it around.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I tried this and the only place the ad will move is right, up or down...and I mean ALL the way up or down.  If I want to place an ad within the text, I can't do it.  Any more on this for me?

You have to break up your text.  Make the paragraph that you want the text to appear next to separate from the other text.  Then you will be able to move your ad around a little more

Separate as in make more than one text capsule

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok...I'll give that a try.  This hubbing stuff is becoming complicated!!

it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.  It's easier to edit if you use more text boxes too.

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

The ads on Hubpages are in set locations you cannot select where they go.

The only way around this is by moving your text and photo capsules etc. to fit so that you optimize the location of the ads within your hubs. This can move the top right hand ads down slightly. Sometimes you can get a block of ads. ads. at the foot of your page too.

There are hubbers who have hubs about this topic but you need to read an up to date one, as Hub ads are now on the page when originally it was Adsense on its own.

If you go to FAQ or the learning center you can to read more on the optimization of ads. in your hubs.

The green arrows move the capsules up/down/left/right in the same way some mobile phones navigation worked.

Once a capsule is on the right you can select a change of background color - blue/white or grey for your capsule.

working