jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Posting quick movie reviews. Question.

1. neflowers30 profile image60
    neflowers30posted 5 years ago

If I post quick movie reviews, can I put a picture of the movie poster as my picture on my movie review? Will that cross some type of copyright rules or laws?

Thank you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes. 

However, if the movie is available on DVD, you could add an Amazon capsule featuring the DVD, and then you could use a larger version of Amazon's image.

Just a note, though - if your other quick movie reviews are going to be as short as the ones you've already posted, you're wasting your time here.  They would be more suitable as blog posts on their own site.

2. neflowers30 profile image60

Thank you so much for the advice Marisa! I'm new to Hubpages. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.  Take some time to read the Hubs by some of the regulars on these forums, and you'll get an idea what a Hub should be.

HubPages is not a blogging site, it's a place to write magazine-style articles.  A Hub should be at least 400 words long.  The best-performing ones are two or three times that size.  Alternatively, you could write a series of 400 word Hubs on the same topic, which you then interlink. 

You'll make more money if you sign up for the HP Earnings Program, which also means you can include eBay capsules featuring the products you write about.

3. neflowers30 profile image60

I am having so much fun learning about all of this! I am also working on a few blogs as well.

working