jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Recipe picture suggestions?

1. hush4444 profile image75
    hush4444posted 5 years ago

Does anyone have tips about taking interesting, well-staged pictures for recipe hubs?  I just have a Sony Cybershot and I can't afford to invest in a new camera.

1. janderson99 profile image84
      janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this
        hush4444posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow - that's a fantastic hub.  It was very informative and worth bookmarking!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Take a few practice pictures and find out what you need to do the stage your shots for the best lighting, background and composition.
    If you have a  basic photo editing application -- you can "tweek" photos for better contrast, sharpness, etc.  I have taken some for mine, and they are certainly not top-notch professional magazine shots, but they do the job.

Thanks Rochelle, I'll try using the photo editing more and take more practice shots.

3. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

A lot of it is in the layout--after you take the photos. I detailed this in a recent hub on advanced Photo Capsule techniques, but hubber ktrapp best exemplifies good layout in food hubs.

Your hub is fantastic, Howard, I learned a lot.  Ktrapp's hubs are like an exemplar - thanks for the info.

4. Bill Yovino profile image91
    Bill Yovinoposted 5 years ago

Great hub! I bookmarked it to refer to as I add photos to my cookbook.

working