jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hiding comments/hubbers with changes

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Hi.

I went into Mom's account page so that she could hide activity from a certain person from her home page and was not able to do it. With the new changes, any hub you have commented on automatically remains on your hub page and you can't hide comments from a person or any comments from that hub.
    This person wrote on a poem written about me which I told Mom she should ignore as the person is obviously seriously mentally ill and should be pitied. But instead, she tried to show she was a bigger person. Then the person wrote a silly poem about my Mom that accused her of invading her space and had serious rage in it. any help? Mom is exhausted from this bizarre hub.

2. Debby Bruck profile image87
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

Dear Flora ~ All I can think is that the Hubpages Team review the features and options that Hubbers have to keep some of their work private, block from certain people for whatever reason, and simply have more control in particular areas of the network.

Maybe when things like this crop up, we can write a detailed explanation, a possible solution and send a petition or open letter to the team.

Sorry to hear about this mess. All the best, Debby

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is odd, on the one hand it was a pair of very violent poems. On the other hand, there was no name listed so there is no way to prove anything were I to contact HP. In any case, I guess I can feel flattered over the fact that I seem to have so much control over this person that poems were written about me. Meanwhile, I have been writing hubs about trying to live in this economy.

By the way, apparently someone did flag her. Mom didn't. I didn't. I didn't see any point.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you are having problems with someone leaving abusive posts,

1) Set all the comment capsules so that only registered users can make comments.

2) If you still find people posting abusively, note the IP addresses listed with the comment and be sure to flag the comment as spam.  If they keep it up, the filters will kill the comments automatically after a while.  Deny but don't delete the abusive comments so that you have examples for admin.

3) Report the IP addresses to admin by emailing them directly and explaining the situation.  If it continues, they'll take action to block the person.

1. Debby Bruck profile image87
      Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very helpful suggestions.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have often wondered why there was both a deny and delete button. I think it would simply be easier to ignore the person.Thankyou.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Figure out how to do this with a different web browser. The other was not allowing me to change everything. So not a problem now. Never mind.

working