jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Now able to reply to comments??

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Just went to respond to a comment, and saw a reply button.  How long has that been there?  I didn't notice it this AM.  What is the point of that option?

1. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about a reply to a specific comment button but on every hub we have written we have been able to post a reply. There have to our knowledge never been a hub we have commented on where we didn't see a return comment from the hub author.

Granted a few of them took over a month when we commented on something written six months or more ago.

We have been writing on hub pages about as long as you have. Too many of our articles end up other places so we are not prolific hubbers. We do try to make comments as often as possible to keep our hub score up. At one time we had 396 comments we had made, found under our writing nick on Google. At that time there were probably four who hadn't responded.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mary, that is brand-new, had to be sometime this evening.

Unfortunately, instead of attaching the reply to the actual comment made, it just loads them into the general comment order.  In essence, it's a button that just duplicates the previous function of going down to the comment box and making a comment, only now you don't have to do it that way.

Why admin didn't take it a step further and make it so the replies are attached to the questions that generated them is beyond me...

2. abbysonmartin profile image61
    abbysonmartinposted 4 years ago

why are reply comments in the hub.....?

3. mary615 profile image93

I think it's something brand new.  We'll know for sure I guess by tomorrow.  I thought it was a good feature when I saw it.  We will know for sure when we respond to a comment, huh??

4. mary615 profile image93

The only drawback I see with this feature of replying to comments is that your  author's comment doesn't show, and I like to read those.  Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  I just responded to a comment, and used the reply button. It doesn't give you the opportunity of changing your comment, either.  That's a good thing cause you can go back and correct a misspelled word if you need to.  Once you hit that reply button, your comment is gone.  Any comment on this?