jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Where can I get free images? To avoid copyright issue

1. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The Learning Center can help you with all this,

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

Morguefile.com has a good range of free images, but you still need to use proper attribution for many of them. Hubpages explain the best way to to this here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Edit: I see Relache has already provided this link, so you can bet it is a good one to read and bookmark wink

3. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Stock Xchng seems to be my go-to site for photos, if I'm not using my own.

Some of those photographers ask for credit and for you to notify them where you're using the photo. If you sign up for a free account with that site, you'll be able to fill in the comment box at lower right to inform them where you've posted it.

Open Clip Art directory has public domain clip art, which is useful for some things.

On Flickr, go to Advanced Search and scroll down to limit searches to Creative Commons -- Commercial Use Allowed (check both boxes). Do this each time you start a new search, to make sure you're getting photos that have been licensed for reuse. Creative Commons means you can use the photo with a credit and a link back to the source.