jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How do I insert a slide presentation into a hub page?

1. peoplepower73 profile image87
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

I noticed several hub pages that have slides in them.  I don't see the facility for doing that unless you use the photo capsule somehow.

1. ArtzGirl profile image82
      ArtzGirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that relache's answer is right.  I have posted multiple pics on certain hubpages and the slide feature is up and running after I've posted 5 or more pics.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you have multiple photos (more than five) added to a hub, a slide show feature becomes available.

The Learning Center explains all the different Hub features,

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/vide … to-capsule

peoplepower73posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What Relache said. To turn it off there's also an option in the sidebar on the right, if you change your mind.

peoplepower73posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wry, thank you for SHARING.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One more point - place each photo in a separate photo capsule.

I've seen people misunderstand and put all the photos in one capsule.  That will create a slide show, but I've discovered readers don't always notice the slide show feature and don't click on the top photo to see the rest.

1. Howard S. profile image84
        Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@Marisa, would you please elaborate? I stated in my hub (prior post) that it doesn't matter how many photo capsules are used for a slideshow. I am curious to know how you have been able to determine what readers do and don't notice about a slideshow.

When you state that readers don't always notice the slideshow feature, are you pointing to the fact that two photos will be close together unless separated by text or title from another capsule? If so, that's a significant observation. (Though I might add that captions and credits may have a similar effect and can be done for each of multiple photos in a single capsule.)

You state that readers might not "click on the top photo to see the rest." It would help me envision this if you name a specific hub here. For the hubs I write, it is better for the reader to scroll down the page, scanning the text as well as photos, rather than viewing the slideshow as a substitute for reading the hub, but maybe you're thinking of a photo gallery of full-width photos. An example would help.

Finally, do you think that slideshows have any positive effect on SERP? Or do they simply benefit user experience. I have noticed that Google Analytics (which I don't understand well) appears to count slide views as page views, but with a duration of only 0.06 seconds. I have 14 hubs with slideshows (not many), but half (51%) the slide views come from one hub, which only receives 21% of the page views for those 14 hubs. Furthermore, I don't think the slideshow enhances the user experience of that hub one bit and would reformat it if I understood the significance of slide views.

3. Howard S. profile image84
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

I have included a number of advanced tips for the slideshow feature in my hub Photo Capsule Advanced Techniques, including how to force a slideshow with fewer than five photos.

working