jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hubscore's mysterious ways.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

As of right now my hub with the very least amount of traffic of all my hubs, has the highest hubscore.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

Must be the hub fairies....lol, I've pretty much given up on trying to figure stuff like this out. However, it somehow seems to correlate to the number of searches done for the individual words in the tittle. In the past I ran some expeiments on my hubs. Trying one simple non descriptive title vs a more elaborate one. The more elaborate titles always did much better with their starting hub scores..........hmm

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Psyche, I've had similar experiences with hubs that get very little traffic but the hubscore is much higher than other hubs.

I've tried to nail down many of the factors. Traffic, time on page, content on page, keywords and tags, unique clicks, how relevant links are to content, just to name a few things. I'm sure there's a lot more too it, but I'm positive HubPages admin changed something about Hubscore and Hubberscore(authorscore).

Certain things seem to carry more weight than other things do. Some how a hub that gets 1 or 2 visits every other day or less, could maintain a hubscore rating.

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

Here's my theory.  Maybe the ones that get high scores are simply the types of hub that HP wants to push to the fore in public?  Certain types of hub maybe run the danger of pandering to the negative stereotype of "content farm" so get low scores and others project what HP sees as a positive image so get higher scores.

Whatever the reason, it probably suits the higher earners that there is little correlation between traffic and hubscore, as they probably don't want their best performing hubs to be easily identified by others!

1. catalystsnstars profile image79
      catalystsnstarsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol, HP propaganda. I find that funny, though very possible. Ironically its the theory that makes the most sense to me. Maybe when HP is more popular they won't feel the need to "censor" content. Well that is if the theory is correct.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
        PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, unlike search engine traffic, or Adsense payments, HP do have complete control over the formula for calculating Hubscore, so it would make sense for them to promote the stuff they want - so the only questions are: what hubs do HP want to promote on their site? and how successfully can they do it, using a formula?  :-)  (clearly they want to downgrade spammy topics and maybe sales hubs too, as far as Hubscores go?)

5. Rehana Stormme profile image93
    Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago

I used to fuss over hubscores too. They never seem to make sense! One of the things that really amazed me is when I saw 2 hubs written on the same topic by 2 different hubbers. One had a high score and the other had a low score. The one with the higher score was published much more recently than the one with a low score and both were of equal quality. Really, I think it's best not to needlessly worry over it. As long as you're getting traffic and $$$ all should be well, right? smile