jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Jury Service

1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

Today was my big day in court, awake all last night with excitement wondering what kind of case i would be on the Jury for, would it be a murder or even an armed robbery? or would it be a big jewel hiest.
    With butterflies in my stomach i left early this morning just to be sure i would get there in time hoping beyond hope that i would be one of the few who would be selected.
    I entered the court house and headed straight for the reception to report in, the lady there scanned my citation for what seemed like hours before looking at me with a smile on her face " you can go home" she said "you are not required anymore".
    Let Down of the Century.........jimmy

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That happened to me once, only I didn't get as far as the court.

jimmythejockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I now know the meaning of surplus to requirements lol.....jimmy

2. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Never mind, at least you didn't have to sit through some very boring trial..or, held up in a hotel because the mafia were after you. lol

thanks lol i feel a lot better now.....jimmy

3. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 5 years ago

My great grandfather was called for jury service, and couldn't get out of it, even though he was deaf, so couldn't hear a thing.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I've never gotten further than receiving a letter to check my address in case I might get called to jury duty.

I had a friend who did it and ended up sitting in a room for 2 days before being told to go home.

I was supposed to attend on monday but after calling the jury line on Sunday night and being again told i wasnt required they asked me to attend today instead lol just to rub salt into the wound that i wasnt wanted lol.....jimmy

working