jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Woah, 3000 views in one day

1. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

Holy crap, my Three Steps to Finishing Your First Novel hub suddenly spiked to over 3,000 hits in one day.  It's off of Stumbleupon somehow.  I sure wish I knew how that works.  I've put stuff on there, but it never does THAT.

Someone tell me how to find where on there that traffic is coming from so I can maybe figure out how that works or what they are doing.  (I know there's a way, because Ryan did it once before).

1. SamurWriter profile image60
      SamurWriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If it was to a website you could look in your stats, also realize ryan has access I'm sure to the hubpages stats pages so he could track exact traffic that way- you could not- on hubpages anyway. You could however filter your hubpages traffic through a site. You stumble upon a domain then point it to your hub then you could guage your stats from the site...

I just realized I could do this using a tokened url as a redirect address sending traffic to my profile on samurwriter (they land they sign up there mine smile but the beauty of this is I can promote my domain (samurwriter.com) and all traffic filters through that page then redirects to the profile (its seemless they type in the url and are staring at my profile... try it..).

Hope this helps. If you do get a domain godaddy.com has them cheap just enter coupon code chill3 to get it for 7.49)

2. luvintkandtj profile image63
      luvintkandtjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

great job

3. compu-smart profile image80
      compu-smartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good job! Shadesbreath wink
      I too had similer rusults with one of my hubs, titled  " London's Best Street Market Guide!" Lord knows why or how! smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

It's probably just because 97% of all living people have an unfinished novel.

1. luvintkandtj profile image63
      luvintkandtjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sooo true. smile

1. Edwin Clark profile image86
        Edwin Clarkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep it sure is, I'm one of those 97% smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Way to go.
    That happened to one of my hubs once. It was only 800 but amazing to me.

4. funride profile image78
    funrideposted 7 years ago

3000 views, one hub, one day!? http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/yikes.gif

Now you made me jealous http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/smile04.gif.
    OK, OK, I am going to write more hubs http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/033102comp_1_prv.gif and see if it happen to me eventually roll.

BTW, congratulations http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/29_3_3.gif, it is well deserved wink.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You do know this is NaNoWriMo, right?

6. Shadesbreath profile image88

Yeah, but I didn't put it together with the Stumbleupon thing.  I suppose there could be a connection. Makes sense.

7. Benson Yeung profile image79
    Benson Yeungposted 7 years ago

Hi. Great job. I don't think stumbleupon has done it. I suspected it was Google and tried searching for "finishing your first novel". Your hub came second in the results. I think the subtitle about left and right brains also helped. You can experiment with those subtitle words and see whether the magic is in them or not.

8. Shadesbreath profile image88

Well, the hub stats thing says they came from Stumbleupon, but I'mma go look at Google.  I always forget to do that anyway.  Thanks dude.

1. ajcor profile image61
      ajcorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Shadesbreath - a belated congratulations, good one!....  and an idea for you to think about  - have you tried putting your hub link into google analytics?  cheers -

9. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL Shades, stumbleupon traffic usually don't click on ads. But you definitely can acquire some readership, though smile