jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Analyzing Viewer Duration

1. Pamela N Red profile image93
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

I have seen many places where people discuss the amount of time people are viewing our articles. I am a writer first and foremost so technical stuff boggles my mind. I typically have to have step by step instructions in order to find things.

I've seen instructions like, "Click on the stats button on your hub." I cannot find any button with the word "stat" on it on any of my articles. Perhaps I don't have one. o_O

I have Statistics in my account which tells me how many views but no where do I see an option to find out duration.

Thank you for your patience with a simpleton.

1. brittanytodd profile image91
      brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

YOu can see the stats of your hub by going to its url and clicking on "stats" on the black bar above your hub.  There are some great tools in there.

To really see the viewer duration, go into Google Analytics and look at the bounce rate for your hubs.  This will tell you how fast users clicked away.  I hope this helps!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6046942_f248.jpg

It's up at the top next to "edit".

1. Pamela N Red profile image93
          Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Brittany. I have no idea why I couldn't see it before now I feel really silly.

I have used my Google Analytics but couldn't seem to find it on my article page.

Go to Audience, then Behavior, then Engagement and you will see what the average amount of time spent on the site is.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Google Analytics also will show time on page.  Bounce rate doesn't really show how long someone was on the page; it just shows that the viewer did not go to another Hub after viewing yours.

working