jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Glitch

1. Irenevosburgh profile image89
    Irenevosburghposted 5 years ago

I know there are crazy things going on today on the internet but I just lost one of my HUBS.

I was editing out something and it all froze and when it came back up my HUB CONTENT WAS GONE.

Does anyone know if I can get it back?

I know I should have backed it up but I didn't sad

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm writing a hub and a similar thing happened, it froze and didn't save. When this has happened previously though, I've been able to recover the draft, once the glitch has been rectified. Fingers crossed.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As you were editing an existing hub, do a search on Google for the exact hub name and then click the 'cached' link below your article - it will load up your article from a previous time (usuall a day before) - you can then copy and paste the content! (This assumes your Hub was published prior to today.)

Irenevosburghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your help.  I did find the link but when I click on it, it of course takes me to the article with is no longer there.

Any other suggestions?  If not, lesson well taught, back up, back up, back up!

1. SimeyC profile image88

What is the article name - I'll see if it works for me...

FREEDOM TO WRITE

Thanks again!

Ahhh sorry! I'm not seeing 'cached' - have you tried editing each Text capsule and using the 'recover from draft' at the bottom?

OMG!  Thanks so much.  I was able to recover the draft from right before the 'glitch'.

I'm not posting it until later though, I need to read through it really good to see what wasn't edited out.

Thanks again, you saved me lots of re-work!

glad I could help! I always write my articles in Word first just in case this happens! I've been burned before!!!

3. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go look for it on your dashboard.  If it exists in some fashion, it will be there.

2. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

You may already know this, but also down on the Vote UP, Share, etc. bar is "Print". We can print to a pdf file on our computer to save a copy of each hub. smile

working