jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Writing hubs on an i-pad2

1. SharynRI profile image60
    SharynRIposted 5 years ago

I am a new hubber. I went to create a text capsule for my first hub using my i-pad 2, but the edit box did not open - only the "subtitle" box. Is the i-pad not compatable with Hubpages' editing software?

SharynRI

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The HubPages site is not compatible with any iPads when it comes to editing any written content.

You can administrate or participate in any other facet, but making new Hubs or editing text needs to be done via a laptop or desktop.

3. Brainy Bunny profile image93
    Brainy Bunnyposted 5 years ago

I have found the same thing, and it is very annoying. One reason I bought my iPad was to be able to write when I'm out and about, but I find that with Hubpages I have to write in another program, and then use Dropbox to get my writing to my desktop. I then have to paste it into the capsules. Hardly worth it!

4. SharynRI profile image60

Relache: Thank you for your reply. I am trying hard to switch to the iPad as my primary computer (especially for travelling), but I keep running into these "snags." Back to the laptop I go.

5. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I got my iPad in April 2010, and take it everywhere when I travel, but I have to wait until I get home to write up those travel Hubs.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I think it would still be much more convenient than carrying the laptop, even if you have to wait until you get back to your home base to set up the hub.

7. SharynRI profile image60

Brainy Bunny: The iPad is great and I depend on it more and more; however, it seems that the existing world of technology has not embraced the iPad (which reminds of when Macs were not compatable with... anything). Who then needs to adapt to whom? Thanks for you response.

8. SharynRI profile image60

Relache: I can see I will have to do the same. I refuse to schlep the laptop (now that I have an iPad)- especially on long-haul trips. Thanks.

9. SharynRI profile image60

Rochelle Frank: Yes, there's nothing quite like running through the airport with the "sack-of-spuds" laptop whipping around. Travelling with the iPad is so much more...elegant. Thanks.

working