jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How long does it take the HP system to re-check for duplicate content?

1. Bendo13 profile image87
    Bendo13posted 4 years ago

I had a notice pop up a week ago about someone stealing my content and I contacted them right away and got them to take it down, but HubPages hasn't rechecked the hub yet so that I can have that notice go away.

I was just curious how long it takes to cycle back through because I don't see a link to push to have it be re-checked.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Oh Bugger.... You may have to do the exercise manually yourself then....
    just like those of us on here who aren't so pampered smile

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago

Whatever program internal to HubPages checks for duplicate content on the net runs seemingly randomly.  It's even more random than whatever is is that calculates HubScore.

Also there may be a bug in that program right now as I'm finding the system hasn't been recognizing when duplicated content has been taken down for several months now (you don't get the little X that allows you to cancel the alert) and I've been following up on a trouble ticket about that with admin.

1. Bendo13 profile image87
        Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ahh OK, I wasn't sure because it seemed like things were re-checked quicker in the past.

I'll just wait it out and see.

2. Bendo13 profile image87
        Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh, and after reading your one hub I mean "copied" not duplicate... I published the hub a year ago and a few places copied it.

I've never gotten a duplicate content alert, always copied...

But I'll just wait until it goes away.