jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Secondary Account Holder and/or Beneficiary

1. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I've seen a lot of questions relating to what happens to online accounts when some dies; perhaps a way to clear this up would be the ability to either designate a co-owner (in my case would be my wife) or a beneficiary (again my wife)

Having this as part of the setup process would clear any doubt relating to what happens if a Hubber passes away (as sadly has happened to two great hubbers recently).

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Based on statements already clearly put forth in the HubPages TOS, "You may not transfer or assign Your HubPages Earnings Program account to any other person and/or entity."

What you are proposing is not how this matter could be legally handled.  Which is not to say you there isn't a way to pass on your account when you die, but the onus of how to do that is on you and your lawyer, not on HubPages.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But wouldn't/shouldn't there be a clause in the HP TOS to facilitate the power of attorney or  change of hands?

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, because estate law varies depending on where you live, what the laws there are and what sort of will you have, and is not set or controlled by the company that the deceased used to earn money from.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

3. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 4 years ago

I'm curious when I read this and I hope the HP team will reply to this thread but I also have related questions to this. Will HP respond to requests (close it, transfer it, etc.) from the family members regarding the hubber's account? Or will they honor a provision on an actual will and testament covering the transfer of the dead hubber's account?

I think SimeyC's concern is a valid one considering HP earnings are becoming significant for some hubbers. A $50 dollar earning here is very significant especially when you come from a country where the exchange rate is like P43 to $1.