jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Secret to a long marriage...

1. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

At the local Catholic Church here in Toronto, they have weekly husband's marriage seminars.   At the session last week, the priest asked Giuseppe, who said he was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Giuseppe replied to the assembled husbands,  'Wella, I'va tried to treat her nicea, spenda da money on her, but besta of all is, I tooka her to Italy for the 25th anniversary!'

The priest responded, 'Giuseppe, you are an amazing inspiration to
    all the husbands here!

Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for your 50th anniversary?'

Giuseppe proudly replied, "I gonna go pick her up."

1. lizzieBoo profile image78
      lizzieBooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

who was it that said, "why get married when you can just find someone you hate and buy her a house"?

Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it was my Uncle Fred

1. lizzieBoo profile image78

smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
        Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Rodney Dangerfield and Greek's Uncle Fred.

Rodney also said they have a service for men thinking of remarrying after a bitter divorce. A woman in a robe and curlers shows up in the kitchen at breakfast time, burns two pieces of toast and pours stale, cold coffee and with a cigarette hanging from her lip and mascara smeared around her face pulls the newspaper away from the guys face and says, "Breakfast is ready."

Yes.. that was Aunt Sally

http://images.clipartof.com/small/74439-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Pleasantly-Plump-Nagging-Wife-Or-Mother-Woman-In-Curlers-And-A-Robe.jpg

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
            Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. lizzieBoo profile image78

My recipe for a long marriage: good humour, gratitude and curiosity.

2. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

The true secret to a long marriage is to wed someone you literally dispise.  Trust me, the marriage will seem like it lasts forever.

3. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 5 years ago

I have no idea what the secret is.  Obviously since I have not had a long marriage.  I'm not good with secrets.  Why is it a secret anyway?  Wouldn't it be better if there is a solution to how to stay in a long, happy marriage that everyone should talk about it openly?  This puzzles me and actually, now, I'm pretty upset!  Damn those secrets!  I want it revealed NOW!  (plus I saw this thread, and then suddenly when I tried to come back it was gone!  and I had to search and the search window didn't find it, and then finally I found it buried - conspiracy? I guess!)

4. aware profile image69
    awareposted 5 years ago

Twin beds.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
      DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In separate countries... smile

5. aware profile image69
    awareposted 5 years ago

also sure way to   keep spouse faithful and happy is daily  sex.or every other day. if you just came at your house. you wont need to come  to  someone else .
    that's a pun i think.
    keep this in mind tho . my marriage only lasted 10 years. i blame the not having twin beds.

sex every other day???

with the same person??

6. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Well, we will have been married 45 years this July and I don't think there is any real  secret other than being mature and realistic.

Honesty, kindness, communication, loyalty, caring, forgiveness: it's all just maturity and intelligence, really.  Obviously you need it from both sides; unfortunately it's often missing entirely.

working