Word Tracker

1. Johanna Anderson profile image61
    Johanna Andersonposted 4 years ago

I read an article on using the Google AdSense keyword tool, and I tried it out.  The keyword tool was a little confusing.

I know that there are other keyword research tools out there, like Word Tracker.  I don't really want to spend money on keyword research, but I'm just curious---Is Word Tracker really that much better?  Is it worth the money you pay?  Does it really help get higher google rankings than the Google AdSense tool?

Also, are there any other good free tools that people would suggest using?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All the paid tools out there just extract the information from the Google keyword tool. Most of the time you're just paying for a different layout of the exact same information. Some have a few extra pieces that help you out with more in depth research - but for the most part the free keyword tool does the same job.

Check out the links on my profile for more info about keyword research.

2. paxwill profile image82
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I second what WryLit said, many paid tools just amass results that you can get for free from Google with a little work. 

If you already have an Google Adsense account, sign up for an Google Adwords account too.  You don't have to add any money to the account to see CPC and search volume stats for keyword phrases.