jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What is "Needs Revision" means?

1. arun kuruvilla profile image66
    arun kuruvillaposted 5 years ago

I'm getting a message "Needs Revision" for one of my hub. I have published it 2 years back and it had 200+ page views per day. The message showing is 'Not written in english' , watermarked photos.....  Please help me to remove this tag. My hub is http://arunkuruvilla.hubpages.com/hub/t … ood-Actors . And the Hub score was 82

1. arun kuruvilla profile image66
      arun kuruvillaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now showing Not written in English..!!!Could someone please check..

2. arun kuruvilla profile image66
    arun kuruvillaposted 5 years ago

Is these are a part of implementing new anti piracy laws in Hubpages ?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No. That law hasn't even passed. And if it did, HP wouldn't be moderating your content, chances are the whole site would be blocked.

3. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

Your Hub has been unpublished.  No one can see it but you.

The quality rules for HubPages have been tightening up for nearly a year now in response to the Panda update that Google rolled out last February.  As someone who's been here for two years, how did you miss all the months of discussions and announcements?

The FAQ lists all the publishing rules and policies, http://hubpages.com/faq/

From what you've said you got unpublished for, you will have to get rid of any photos with watermarks (as those aren't allowed) and you may have to improve the written English content.  Google cares about spelling and grammar now.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have heard about Panda and agree this could be the problem.  I disagree with questioning a member's missing discussions and announcements in such a fashion, however.  Chastising should not be a part of HP or the forums.

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
        Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So you'd like me to do as you say but not as you do?

If you re-read my post, you'll see I just asked Arun a simple question.  The forums are flooded with people getting hubs taken down for content issues and the HP newsletter is constantly talking about improving hubs.  I don't know how someone could be a writer on this site and not be aware of the crackdown on quality.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I had a look at the hub in question.

1. Watermarked photos: Two photos have a website name or logo on them. This is called a watermark. You cannot use watermarked photos of any type on Hubpages.

2. Not Written in English: This can refer to bad grammar. Maybe do a check or get someone proficient in English to do so.

The reason it was probably not taken down till now is that bots cannot automatically detect either of these violations. That means the only way it could come to a moderator's attention is either by a user flagging it or a staff member stumbling across it.

5. sammysmyth1 profile image60
    sammysmyth1posted 5 years ago

im having the same problem, all my hubs were taking of just there now, i have no idea why as they were scoring 73-75 etc and all look well, this is making me sad

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The scores have nothing to do with it.

Visit each hub and read the warning in the black box at the top.

1. snigdha.s profile image80
        snigdha.sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I too have faced this problem last week.This was the first time that a new hub i wrote on hairfall got listed as substandard.have made n number of corrections and asked the staff to specify what is wrong in my hub.Their reasons seems absurd.After resubmitting the first time it got needs revision tag  immediately.Next time i resubmitted and asked them to specify they took 4 days to get back after informing the 2 sentences to be confusing.How is Intake of protein rich diet wrong i fail to understand.

working