jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is this a Google Adsense "hanky panky"?

1. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

A few hour ago i checked my Adsense earnings and it was £xx. When i went back to check half an hour later, my earnings had dropped by over £2.

Now, it may not seem like much, but this has happened once before a few months ago, and i feel i need to have an idea of why that happens (that is if it has happened to other hubbers).

I certainly don't click on my ads because that's stupid and detrimental to my success, and i don't have friends or relations who know i earn from Google, let alone click on my behalf.

I find it unsettling and wish to know reasons for this. I hate to think that its some Google hanky panky.

Any views on this will be much appreciated.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's quite common. It's based on Google double checking numbers etc and verification after the fact.

viryaboposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Wrylilt, that's good to know. It certainly makes me feel better.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You'll also find that when you reach payout, the amount you earnt and the amount they pay you can sometimes differ. They do a final check just before they pay you (for obvious reasons!)

viryaboposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes i did notice that a couple of months ago, and i was equally surprised until i found it was the norm.

And to think i have been here for so long, yet unaware.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

This happens to me a LOT!

It's always the larger clicks Google discounts, never the penny ones. I see very very few clicks these days anyway, so it is noticeable when they takes the price of one away.

3. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

Don't worry as long as you traffic source is fine and you don't click on your ads.

working