jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

My summary sometimes disappears

1. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 4 years ago

How come after I type in a summary, it disappears!  After I publish, sometimes there will be that tiny little "A" that tells me there is no summary.  I KNOW I did it.  What am I doing wrong?  After doing the summary, I see no "save" button.  Anybody????

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It happened to me recently too Mary, and I was so annoyed as I had taken care to write a good summary. Tried to do it again, but it wasn't as good as the first, that disappeared!

mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here!  The second one I do is never as good as the first one.  Maybe 2uesday is right.  Maybe you have to hit enter.  I'll try that next time.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Hello Mary, is it one of those things where you have to click enter after typing in the info? Not sure about that, as I cannot visualize how its done without it on the screen in front of me. Too tired, so maybe no help, hope you get an answer soon.

3. amandaD profile image60
    amandaDposted 4 years ago

I had that too and so did my Husband who is on here too.....pesky summaries!

4. 0
    TopUniverseposted 4 years ago

Yesterday I had no such a problem.

5. Rehana Stormme profile image92
    Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago

I had the same problem too for my hub on TV snacking. I wrote a great summary for it but when I checked my stats, I saw an A. I was really frustrated but I sucked it up and wrote another not-so-great summary, which also disappeared. I haven't attempted writing a summary again as yet. I've written summaries for most of my other hubs and they're fine. This has just been happening recently...

I never had this problem until very recenlly.  I thought it was just me.  I haven't had two to disappear, though.

6. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 4 years ago

Must be one of those "intermittent fault" glitches. Mine seemed to stay in place just fine on the hub I just published. I entered the summary and clicked "save unpublished" as it was the last bit of editing I was doing at that time.

7. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Looks like this thread should be in the 'report a problem' section, but I don't know how to move it.
    Oh and my internet is back fast today, can get on with editing!

I think you're right, IzzM.  I should have done that to begin with.  Maybe the problem will be short lived, I hope.  I don't have anything to publish right away or I'd give it another try.

8. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

I have had this happening to me in the last four days, I have been writing summaries and they vanish...I have become wiser now as I write them on G docs and then post them... I thought I was doing something wrong... well, looks like I wasn't the only one:/