jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Why have my ads been disabled?

1. emmaspeaks profile image90
    emmaspeaksposted 5 years ago

I just finished a hub on Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus and a warning appeared when I published it saying that the ads have been suspended due to content filler. What does that mean? I checked for violations and I have none, but what else should I do?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Certain words trigger the system, such as adult sounding words or anything that is a no-no area with Adsense, such as cigarettes.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

I can see one word that might have caused the bots to disable adverts - rape.

Some of the violent words may also trigger the bots if used too often.

If you think it should be allowed, you'll need to request a manual review from staff. Team at Hubpages dot com.

emmaspeaksposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So, send them an e-mail?

Yes. Although, since it does seem to be an adult content page they might not turn the adverts back on. You should check out the Adsense ToS and make sure you're aware of what things can make you lose your account.

You could try monetizing with Amazon or eBay instead.

Ugh! So frustrating! Aren't we all adults here?

1. wilderness profile image96
                wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WE may well be, but google figures (correctly) that all your readers aren't.  Add in that it is the advertiser that could be complaining and it gets worse.

2. WryLilt profile image86

Yes, you need to be over 18 to write on this site. However you don't make money off site members - most of it comes from Google searches. And anyone can get here through a Google search no matter their age.

When writing on any support that displays Adsense the best rule is to stick with family friend content.

And I put their email address at the end of that post. Team at Hubpages dot com.

2. emmaspeaks profile image90

Really? Well, I talk about the rape of Lavinia, which is a legitimate scene in the play, but it's not graphic or anything. Should I be concerned?

I'd say send a message to the team and they can let you know.

Bots don't understand content, they are just set up to automatically remove adverts based on certain words. Even if the words are used legitimately, they can't tell, they just see those words.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do I send the team a message?

1. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

email team@hubpages dot com.

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I am about to publish a hub on murder and its causes. I am not expecting to get any ads from anywhere. It is tedious but there you are.

working