jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

A question about time travel.

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I didn't know which category to post this question, so I am posting it here.

If you could time travel back to any point in your own lifetime, where would you go?, and what would you do when you get there? You can post multiple answers if you like. But try to keep them short.

My first trip would be back to a few days before the most recent huge jackpot on a lottery drawing, with the winning numbers in hand, so I would become a millionaire. Prefer a jackpot of more than 300 million dollars.

Another trip would be back to 1981, so that I could give my best friend in highschool a big wet kiss, and tell him that I love him...going back in time to be 15 again of course...not as an adult.

Then I would be sure to go back in time to finish highschool, so that I can go on to college or art school, and maybe have a totally different future life than I have right now.

Another side trip would be back to the 1980s to buy decent mens clothing, especially shorts, because I HATE the new mens fashions. Not everyone wants to dress like a rap star or a skate boarder.. I like clothes that fit!

2. Teresa McGurk profile image83
    Teresa McGurkposted 4 years ago

I hear ya about clothes!
    I would go back to any time last century and buy good jeans that fasten at the waist!

I would go back to the day when I was 11, on a cold morning in the drizzling rain, when I looked up through the trees to the cloudy sky. Not to change anything, just to relive that joy from a child's perspective. I was lonely and dreading the schoolday ahead; a simple look up changed that and gave me a strength I didn't know I had.

Thank you for letting me remember that.

3. Hugh Williamson profile image88
    Hugh Williamsonposted 4 years ago

If I went back in time, I wouldn't change much that happened but I would appreciate it more -- I'd try to stop & smell the roses more often.

Oh, I'd find the guy who stole my first girlfriend and kick his a$$.

Kidding. wink

4. calpol25 profile image75
    calpol25posted 4 years ago

If I went back in time, I would only want one thing - a hug from my dad before he died. Thats all I want x smile

1. JKenny profile image94
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I'd do something similar. I'd go back to the last time I saw my Nan and Granddad and tell them that 'I love them' and also to thank them for everything they did for me.

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 4 years ago

I think I would do the lotto thing, possibly offer a few more financial tips (like on where to invest, and when to jump ship) as well as what men to avoid! lol

6. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

Hey. I am enjoying the replies. I would also add going back to spend some time with my Dad. (Or, at least try) I was very close to my mom, but my Dad and I didn't talk a whole lot, and mainly just jokes and stuff.

I certainly would have liked to know that he was sick sooner. I found out that he was in the hospital one morning, and on my way to the hospital to see him, my brother told me he died about an hour after they called. That was a huge kick in the ass. he was 74.