jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

An Agree To Disagree Button

1. calpol25 profile image77
    calpol25posted 4 years ago

As you know many people are afraid to come into the forums due to there being far too much extremism over religion, gender and politics etc, so I think that if we incorporate a button saying Agree to Disagree on threads that people can click when topics get a little out of hand and become browny point scoring.
    This button will then make that particular thread or post on the forums disappear to the person who wishes to avoid conflict and then they can find a new topic to go to. Just an idea. smile

1. girlgonestrong profile image60
      girlgonestrongposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This sounds like a really good idea.  This is what happens in real life at family gatherings, right?

1. calpol25 profile image77
        calpol25posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah when people disagree instead of making a scene they agree to disagree on the subject smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So, that basically describes every conversation in the religion and the politics forums smile

1. JKenny profile image93
        JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I agree. I think Youtube could do with one as well, some of the comments I've seen on there are disgraceful.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's a much easier solution.

Separate the hubbing-related forums from the topic-related forums, and have two separate "latest posts" lists.

That way, people who don't like the viciousness in the religious and political forums, and the silliness in some of the others, can come together and discuss writing and Hubbing, and not even be aware of the rest.

working